Folk Hibernia

Re: Folk Hibernia

Thanks! Good stuff for the 67 minutes I saw. Unfortunately, the video stops at that point. Alas :-(

Posted by .

That’s odd gw, cause it ran for the full 89.51 minutes for me.

If I were you I’d be tempted to try it again, cause some of the best stuff is in the last 20 minutes!

Good Luck

i enjoyed that. thanks for posting it.

i loved the old guy with the box shaped the fiddle.
i could watched an entire documentary about him.

Yeah, that was great, thanks very much, I loved the Johny Moynihan quote about bazoukies!

Weird!?! After it stopped I figured it was just a hiccup in the stream so I waited… nothing… then I reloaded the page and noticed it was downloadable. I downloaded the file (the divx is beautiful quality, BTW) but when I played it it crapped out at the same spot—just after Christy Moore’s comment "…I suppose I was becoming a bit more prickly." —(from the 80s bit with Moving Hearts)

Perhaps it’s a Mac issue (I’m assuming all here who have commented on seeing the whole show are using PCs?). I’ll try to download it on to my PC at work on Monday… I really want to see the last 20 minutes!

Posted by .

great stuff. it’s lovely to get a chance to watch it even way out west in the US!

Posted by .

"Perhaps it’s a Mac issue"

Can’t be gw, cause I use an eMac!

Did you try giving your Mac a kick? ;-)

Dick - a terrific link thanks

(and you’ve been quiet recently)

It played to the end for me (PC running IE within Firefox, and my the divx add-on is a big bugger)

I assume it is really stalling, and not coming to a stop while it buffers some more, I know it that seems unlikely after 60 odd minutes.

- when I see it, it does offer a "download" button to the right of "play (as a stream)" button. You might want to try that, and then play it from your local copy.

There are some clips from the programme on the Beeb’s website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/folkhibernia/av/

I’ll have a dig and see if they have the full thing somewhere

Liam

Thanks for the link Ptarmigan, was a good watch. And jig, yeah that jumped right out at me too:

"if you look up my name on the internet, the big thing that comes out is ‘The man who introduced the bazouki to irish music.’ And ‘The man who introduced the bazouki to irish music’ is currently uh, driven berzerk because he cannot hear irish music without some …f*ck3r playing the bazouki"
—Johnny Moynihan

Perhaps it’s a Mac issue

"Can’t be gw, cause I use an eMac!
Did you try giving your Mac a kick?"

I did! A good swift one ;-)

I have one of the new intel iMacs and a slew of browsers and they all did the same thing!?! I even have DIVX!

Tried again this A.M… Same. AARGH! I’m determined, so I’ll get it…

Posted by .

Saw this when it was on TV here in Scotland - thought it was a really good programme. However the ‘UK’ version, in which Scotland had the misfortune to be ‘included’ , Folk Britannia, was completely pish.

What a great link Ptarmigan, thanks for that. It really says a lot……… have to watch it quite a few of times to get the lot for sure. Thanks again.