Irish Musicians, Vocalists and Bands Wanted

Irish Musicians, Vocalists and Bands Wanted

Hello Everyone - Great Site here ! , Please check this out as it may be of interest to people here.

Irish Vocalists, Musicians, and Bands - Worldwide

Casting no. 142037 - All regions, Worldwide
————————————————————————————————————————
Wanted to record an original track. Traditional acoustic style but alternative interpretations welcome. Here is an opportunity to be heard worldwide via our Irish Song Project. Just visit StarNow ( http://www.starnow.co.uk ) and check our advert out as casting reference 142037.

It’s a long term project and our doors are now open to applicants, please support us, as we are supporting Irish Music in our special way via this unique project. Details and information on what this is about may be added here later, administration team permitting of course. Good luck.

Amy
SynfulMusic

Re: Irish Musicians, Vocalists and Bands Wanted

I looked on the site . I am not sure its clear where this is going to or what the project is ?

You’re braver than me, I wasn’t even prepared to try the link.

Hi again. The project has been pretty much underwraps and is gradually being rolled out and somewhat in it’s infancy. As I stated we are just starting out very simply by inviting applicants - who may be interested in participating - to submit examples of their band etc or vocals for consideration, mp3 or wmv files accepted as a form of auditioning.

Very simple really, if you sound Irish or can play in the Irish style we would like to invite you to record this ONE song - a license will be offered for it’s use in recording and fair terms for it’s commercial availability hosted by a special web site to be launched in due course. Royalties will be paid for all recordings hosted and downloaded. There is no catch and no money asked for. We hope Irish music lovers will warm to the idea and enjoy the many examples or versions of the song via this site. We are receiving good interest and hope to build on the momentum over the coming months.

So investing in yourself is all that it takes, ie in submitting " your " version of the song for inclusion as long as it’s or acceptable quality as that will reflect on how successful you may be in realising any royalties. There are some more detailed requirements and contracts that will be explored privately with any parties, and rightly so, not discussed here.

We hope the Site supports our efforts, and how this could further the cause of Irish Music and members who interact here.

Amy

Just to add, the details at Star Now site can only be found , IF you search and find the casting number details, ie Casting no. 142037

You will NOT find details simply by visiting the site , as it is a diverse and massive site, so that may explain any confusion by initial visitors who do not know that they have to do a search for 142027 details.

Hope that helps

Amy

what sort of age demographic do you envisage from this site, if any?

Sorry, its 142037 not 142027

The age requirements - for the project ?, are specified on the StarNow listing. It is quite liberal, so youngsters as well as adults can participate but they will need to have permission from their parents or guardians if under 18 for contractual reasons which is a legal requirement.

We can actual envisage some talented youngster vocalist doing this song, but generally the vocal style is in the mould of Shayne ( the Pogues ) or Dubliner style.

Musical instruments anticipated, ie all acoustic, based around the use of Guitar, banjo, accordion, concertina, fiddle, whistle, Uillean Pipe, Bhodrun, Acoustic Bass maybe as a general guide.

Electric instruments ? we need to be convinced, but are not ruling out tasteful use. So we weill offer advice if need be on any examples we hear.

What is essential is the " traditional " Irish feel for a " new song ", which is a little of a contradiction but in the syle of that. is what we want to achieve

that’s a relief. Most people here are either old fogeys or young fogeys, the average virtual age would be somewhere between 65 and 95. I’m sure the site will be overwhelmed. Thanks for coming.

We had the opportunity of hearing an excellent fiddle player on a CD made by one vocalist who was helping out on the song. We asked who he was and could he be contacted and be invited to record the demo we will be putting out as the song guide. Afraid not he said, he was in his 90’s and in a care home suffering from dementia and arthiritis. What a shame as he was excellent. So when he recorded with this vocalist, must have been about 80. So we are not expecting or anticipating only gigging musicians or bands, but also lounge players or groups of amateurs wanting to put their stamp on this song and to be heard by others, not just friends and relatives.

Seriously, we are looking beyond " pros " too, and equally value enthusiasm from talented musicians and vocalists part of a combo of some sort.

what was the CD?

Unfair question, I guess.
Sounds to me like old Enlyke Flynn. Legendary proponent of the Sly Go style; ye know?

It was a CD not on general sale but made by a semi , but with permission I will ask if one track could be partly put up for general appreciation. I think the fiddle player is excellent. I suppose this would be put up in the recordings section ?

This may sound absurd , but until this song came along we had no idea on musicians and styles played in the Irish tradition. So with apologies, we are falling in love with the music and especially the Uillean Pipe, such an expressive instrument. I heard a track the other day, by the Baileys in Ireland, the track is called " Slow Air " check it out on their web site, it’s fabulous.

One of our writers wrote this Irish Song and we believe in it’s future and we were sold on it from first listening and we are not even Irish. The few Irish people that have heard it said how much they liked it. We feel that the Irish " generally " should be the judge of it and whether they take it to their hearts which is our hope, although not what you would expect from a newly written song. So it will be suck it and see for us to say the least even with our present conviction.

It’s certainly not contemporary and lends itself nicely to the musical styles and cliche musical phrasing predominantly found in Irish playing which we believe is what helps give it it’s " Irishness " quality.

"Holy Dooley", I’m pretty sure that’s the other name of that tune. Sometimes it’s called "Slow Air", to commemorate languid summer days in the west of Ireland. Lovely isn’t it.

There’s another great song too that you should ask your Irish contacts about, it is very little known, and hardly ever recorded, about a river in Ireland that runs down to the sea, the Suck and Sea, it’s brilliant.

Hope that helps.

"ONLY IRISH Nationals, or descendents with strong Irish ties need apply."

OK, but…

"Vocalists MUST have Irish accent."

So for the 80+ million in the Irish Diaspora, best be warming up yer fake brogues!

I’ll put me shoes by the fire right away, bejaysus. ;-)

>> cliche musical phrasing predominantly found in Irish playing
O my word.

The recent alteration to Irish nationals etc, and Irish Accents, is because we have had silly people apply eg an Italian Opera styles singer - with Italian accent, a Mexican, a Sout American , a US Country accented singer all hardly what we need for an Irish traditional song. It matters not if the musician in a combo is not Irish and feels the passion and the music, but a vocalist ? no way will it work for this project. As for any fakers who maybe English but can fake an Irish accent well that’s not on either. We are looking for genuine people with talent and evidenced by their mp3 demos submitted. Seems like going world wide attracts the " wannabe " a rock star types clutching at every Industry advert to get noticed or attention. All that does is waste everybodies time when we have tried to be explicit in the requirements. So hope no-one takes offence at the explanation and examples given. Once the project is well and truly under way it will be self evident what standard and type of vocalist or band we are looking for as the web site takes shape and promotes the successful ones who have recorded the song.

Cliche musical phrasing means as " identifiable " with Irish music. Scottish Cliche musical phrasing means as " identifiable " with Scottish music. Etc Etc Celtic music phrasing , different yet again. If you don’t understand then I am sorry for the confusion to you, as it is identifiable in every nations music, Romanian, Italian, French, Indian etc Every countries music can be broken down to identifiable traits in the music, even rhythms.

Hope that is not preaching to the converted, as we have great respect for people here and this amazing site.

Anyway, no more elaborations are needed from me , as we see what interest you guys and gals muster over the coming months. But do please tell any worthy band or combo to get in
touch please even if you are not able to participate personally.

Amy

My Nan said we’ve got Irish in the family, can I join in?

Look out!

Who wrote the fabulous ‘Irish-type’ song?
Don’t they have any muso friends that can do it?
What precisely is this website that will be set up?
To promote different versions of a song sun/ played by different ‘Irish’ people?
Whatever are you on about?!
Do you like wig glue or hotwiter bottles?

"It’s certainly not contemporary and lends itself nicely to the musical styles and cliche musical phrasing predominantly found in Irish playing which we believe is what helps give it it’s " Irishness " quality."

How do you write a new song that isn’t contemporary?

Amy, the point being that Irish Americans, London Irish, Irish Canadians, Irish Australians, etc. all sing with their own accents. Only the cheesiest of shlock singers would fake an accent.

So on one hand you’re asking for contributions from the Diaspora while on the other, you’re disqualifying them based on their accents.

Then, later on in the webpage:

"There are many great bands in Germany and Europe as well as Japan, who can’t speak a word of Irish yet sing the music beautifully and play with same feeling that brings tears to the eyes of any Irishman."

Can you see where the confusion comes in here?

Look, I may not know anything about Irish music, but as it says on the website,

"this is a unique opportunity to be seen and heard by lovers of Irish music wherever they live and especially overseas such as the Irish Ex Pat communities"

This is your chance to be appreciated for your unique style or interpretation of this one song. Are you up for the challenge ? Are you?

Please don’t miss out on this AMAZING opportunity to be part of something BIG!!. You may not get rich overnight but you WILL get noticed and maybe later see the financial rewards for your effort by an insatiable Irish audience hungry for your recordings.

And remember, we are not asking you to pay us for doing these recordings - we are letting you provide them to us completely free of charge!

And surely that would be plenty of payment enough - you see your recording will actually be on a website! A special one.

Oh, I do love the Irish music, and you Irish people are so nice

Ok, I don’t normally do this, but I’m doing it as a special favour to the people of Ireland and Irish music.

I’ve learnt some of your language. So here goes.

"It would be a great craic. To be sure it would. It would be grand."

Now, can you start recording please? I need some free music. I’ve done my work - now do yours.

I love the Irish culture.

This has got to be a windup! LOL you can not be serious

"Now, can you start recording please?"

Oh but I do already, however my fine recordings wouldn’t work for you. I sing with my very own Irish American accent. It’s a rare form of Northern New England mixed with the Deep South. My Grandparents’ DNA didn’t carry over the brogue, sorry. :-P

‘Amy Scotney’ does not equal ‘Amy Soctney’ though it was a nice try.

Looks like someone wants to make a mockery of a very serious project.

Being disrespectful to others and abusing this good forum is an adolescent form of behaviour. Typical of forums. Had hoped that this one was mature and civilised. Perhaps it’s an age thing so well done.

Do you normally drive away new members that disturb your cosy world of the slippers and pipe and the twitching eye ?

It would appear quite a pointless excercise looking for support here based on the last few threads and guess we thought this place consisted of mature " calibre " musicians, than what we are now finding in idiotic mumblings and scathing comments from someone with little else to do in life.

If you do not understand, that is one thing, being plain silly and stupid, well goes to show what sort of people stalk these forums looking for conflict.

My job is done, and we cannot be bothered to take part here and waste time with clueless individuals bent on being mischievous. Enjoy your forum and kindergarden, and apologies to others who might have missed someone of value through our departure and must be aware of this form of behaviour that drives people away, but tolerate it for whatever reason.

Bye

Don’t let the door hit you in the iris…

Which eejit decided it would be a good idea to derail someone’s thread? I think we need a full-time moderator on these boards who can actually be on hand to delete posts that aren’t relevent… it really p1sses me off

I would have been interested in doing this project but that chance has been thwarted because the OP has been scared off

Posted by .

Oh wait, I just visited the website and it seems that I need to pay to register and to get anywhere on the site I need to register.

Fcuk.

Posted by .

Well, D.J.F., I didn’t and I wouldn’t. Even so, it looks like a scam to me. However, if you’re really that keen, why don’t you have a go anyway via the link that Amy Scotney provided, and let us know how you get on?

Ah, just read your later post - you have no money, I presume … ?

I suggest Amy Scotney that you make people aware of any hidden charges that your service may want.

You could have at least had the decency to make the fact that you charge a monthly amount for simply registering to the site known in your OP.

Basically I view you as someone who takes advantage of forums in an effort to freely advertise your site, it makes your company look weak. Do what the professionals do… PAY SITES to advertise on them.

Posted by .

Ethical blend I do have money but don’t have a debit card and even if I did have a credit card I wouldn’t use it on the internet.

Posted by .

It was just a bit of gentle chiding, D.J.F. Star Now is a small business (14 staff), which is trying to set itself up to be a global modelling cum casting agency. The OP was, it seems to me, simply placing an ad on this site. I just thought it was a bit rich you laying into others who resented the apparently commercial/scam aspects of the post, that’s all. I mean, you wade in a bit, before you’d actually found out what it was about, didn’t you?

"waded"

>>Ok, I don’t normally do this, but I’m doing it as a special favour to the people of Ireland and Irish music.

I’ve learnt some of your language. So here goes.

"It would be a great craic. To be sure it would. It would be grand."

Now, can you start recording please? I need some free music. I’ve done my work - now do yours.

And remember, we are not asking you to pay us for doing these recordings - we are letting you provide them to us completely free of charge!

And surely that would be plenty of payment enough - you see your recording will actually be on a website! A special one.

Oh, I do love the Irish music, and you Irish people are so nice
I love the Irish culture.>>

come on surely no ones trying to tell me this is serious?!? This has to be a p*ss take……

Will, you’ve missed the point there, ol’ chap. That was someone taking the p*ss - it wasn’t the OP.

Would the owner of this site please check out the facts. We sent you a private complaint about the abuse of the forum and unwarranted attacks and had no response, so we are publicly stating the facts and policies " WE " lay out in running our own business, not to be guessed at by idiots as seen.

There is NO affiliation between our company and the STARNOW site. ie we have nothing to do with them except advertise free of charge this FREE opportunity. There is no money to be paid to us or to STAR NOW for appying to take part in this project, nor for participating in the project or our own web site when launched. So unbleivable the mental age of some of these idiots. Could you not limit menmbership to under 50’s and not these old cronnies, you might get better posts than the present examples seen in last 24 hours

THIS IS NOT A SCAM, and some idiots here are making the most of the controversy stirred by some of the minority morons we encountered.

Good riddance, of the troublemakers if you have the will to take them on, as that is not our responsibility, but I think you are unlikely to succeed. They are like maggots everywhere.

Ignorance of the music business is probably partly to blame by some of these coffin dodges who probably couldn’t put on their own slippers let alone play a tin whistle.

………………….

Peace to the good few people who persevere here, and no offence inteded to them.

Shame about this site, but that’s life as we move on and at least tried our luck here. But who needs losers anyway LOL

First time I’ve seen this thread but it’s hilarious……….

"Could you not limit menmbership to under 50’s and not these old cronnies, you might get better posts than the present examples seen in last 24 hours"

At least we coffin dodgers can spell! :-P

Guess you could describe me as a "lounge" musician.

EB, well at least I was right, those posts were no serious… LOL, some one was pretty quick there!
Anyhow, bit vitriolic in the response!

And just to be clear, in the last post she says there is no affiliation… yet earlier she was talking about” our Irish Song Project. ” Then we have capital letters stating ‘this is not a scam’, hmm ….whatever…

pity that. I know some really good real estate goin for a song.

I will like to buy this real estate you speak of - if someone will please help me to transfer a large sum from the bank I used to manage in Nigeria?

Well now. A friend has just registered for "the Project". It seems it is possible to register on the site without paying anything, D.J.F., so go ahead. My friend has received lots of notifications for auditions - none of them connected with Irish music in an way. But she remains hopeful. One day her luck will turn and she’ll be recognised for the true star she really is.

I thought this would be worth a go…then realised when I got to the last page, that you have to PAY!!!

Sheesh - that’s against my religion!

I suspect you’ll find that you have, in fact, already registered, Mark.

Ha, ha, what a cracker. Mug collecting project.

Ooh - ooh - you’re right, ethical blend - I appear to have been registered despite not paying. Now my email is full of interesting musical work in Australia, for some reason!

Are you sure it isn’t New Zealand? (It’s all the same, you know. ;-) )

Get this by the way…Amy Scotney is a now looking for an "Elkie Brooks" type singer and a "Patsy Cline" soundalike. She states in CAPITAL letters that "WE DO NOT WORK WITH COMPOSERS OR SONGWRITERS" she only wants singers. She is still working through Starnow and it all sounds a bit dodgy to me too. I did apply to her but she doesn’t seem to understand that writing her replies in CAPITALS amount to shouting back. She comes across wholey patronising and self righteous and uses the old chestnut that I am reacting to being rejected by her and her AMAZING team of professionals….BORING!!!

I’ve been on similar sites, and I now get bombarded with offers of work, if I only register with them, giving them my credit card details, etc.
This just a scam.
Incidentally, it’s also illegal, in the UK, to take payment in advance when acting as an agent, you’re supposed to collect your commission from any fees earned from getting the person actual work.
There was one agency I visited, packed out with toothsome young wannabe hopefuls, pay £200 and have a photo taken and you’ll be on Eastenders and Holby City next week, and at the big film studios for a James Bond the week after.
Yeah, right.
The scam is, once they have your money by getting you sucked in, they’ve made THEIR money, you’re not going to get any work.
Starstruck Wannabe Dumbasses wanted for quick scam……

Hi

We just launch new Talent website. We would like to give you free membership for one year.

http://talentgb.com/

THE UK entertainment industry’s only one stop talent shop for artistes of EVERY genre to display their showreels and take bookings.

Free one year subscription for the first 1000 acts.

Love Sally