Paul Foley bouzouki

Paul Foley bouzouki

How good is a Paul Foley bouzouki? Looking at buying one second hand.

Re: Paul Foley bouzouki

Do you mean Joe Foley?
They are most excellent.

Sorry I meany Paul Doyle!!!!!!

Paul Doyle Bouzouki

meant. (gotta slow down when typing)

Never had a go on one but they get very good reviews.

I’m going to look at a second hand one, should I just hold out and order a Foley?

Go ahead and look at it, then you’ll know!

Paul Doyle Bouzouki

right thanks Dave , just wanted to know if there was any feedback on them before I made the Journey(in case there was bad press), it’s a bit of a trek.

Ah, right, fair enough.

Let us know how it goes if you make the trip. Hope it works out well.

I have a Paul Doyle zouk. I am quite pleased with it. It has a nice tone and has stood up fairly well over the years (made in 1991). Its the only bouzouki I’ve ever owned so I can’t rate it against other makes.

So, in long, I guess I’m saying that you shouldn’t rule it out and you’ll probably have to play it to really know.

thanks again, lads, I’ll go and have a feel , I’ll let you know.

Also: Paul is a reeally good guy and will probably adjust it for nothing (he loves to tinker).

Posted by .

Thats an interesting clip Chris. Its grand music. A good banjo player I’d say playing bouzouki with nice triplets and stuff. Who is he?

Id go for the Foley myself If I had to pick…..

BigTab— dunno who he is, but he is the guy who posted it. Spectacular playing IMHO. Interesting how the two tunes work— the jig flows amazingly, but the reel (although well-played and a good tune) doesn’t work as well.