Want To Play For A Wedding In Ontario?

Want To Play For A Wedding In Ontario?

I have had an enquiry about a wedding ceilidh on September 17th in Ontario (the one next to Manitoba).
Although flattered by the national attention, it would be impractical for us to travel that far.
If any bands are interested, please let me have your details and I will pass them on.

Re: Want To Play For A Wedding In Ontario?

Ontraio’s a very large province. Where in Ontario?

Sorry, Ontario

Ontario has a land mass of over 415,000 square miles. By comparison, Ireland is about 32,000. If you want any takers you’ll need to narrow it down a bit.

Yeah, seriously, look at it on a map. ONT is enormous.

Thank you, all. The "takers" are sorting it out with the client as we speak.
But I do love a little geography.

This is what makes thesession.org redundant: a question is asked, followed by a heap of critiques of the post, all of a sudden to find out that there’s been a private discussion going on in the jax and thus the whole discussion forum is rendered useless. why not just have an email list with interests linked and be done with it all!!

Why, in this case, copo24, it’s a bit like a dating service, or classified sales. Many people can be contacted, but not everyone needs/wants to wade through the transactions of a few interested parties.
Presumably Jeremy foresaw this usage, hence the reason for the private contact arrangement?

i always am amazed that ontario spans three time zones in the usa but is all one timezone in canada. i think.

Sorry, full measure, but the only Ontario USA is a town in California.

I assume it once had a lot of Canadian expats - hence the name.

Hey - and there’s a London in Ontario, isn’t there?

There’s a Little Venice in London.

What’s in Venice that’s got a foreign name? Could be like Mornington Crescent.

and we have great Sessions in London Ontario, Mark!

I’d just like to say, late in the day, I’d be happy to play for a wedding in Ontario. Of course there’s the transatlantic fares and accommodation to find, but I’m sure we could sort something out.
Oh, and there’s a Botany Bay in North London. ( I digress. ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_in_Canada_with_an_English_name

Ain’t geography fascinatin’?

Ontario would be about the same distance for both of us, GP.
Let’s look for a client who would like to foot the bill. I quickly calculated about $2,000 each in expenses alone before deciding to pass the gig on. But you never know….Have Tunes, Will Travel.