Well this is an exciting research project!

Re: Well this is an exciting research project!

"Gizzajob ! - go on, go on - I can do that……..!"
Actually, I think there’s a student here in Aberdeen doing something similar from the point of view of traditional music being played in pubs. Haven’t met him yet.

Posted by .

Yeah, just recently, a girl came up to us at the end of our session and wanted to know all of our names because she was doing a paper or something on Irish music.

The best article I was ever commissioned to write was for the Sunday Herald which wanted a piece on the fifty best pubs in Ireland. Fortunately, it coincided with another commission updating the Ireland section of a guide to Europe, so I was able to undertake very detailed and diligent research. I don’t think my liver has ever recovered.

At least he’s doing the study from a perspective of business management. I mean, he could have been an anthropologist looking to complete his work on neanderthal mating habits or a biologist surveying the interesting bacteria found on bar rags or something like that.

WHY DOESN’T SOMEONE HIRE ME TO DO THAT RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!

Okay, breathe now and walk away……..

that’s easy…you’re far too eager! The universities prefer the reserved, sort of reluctant kind of professor to oversee a subsidized pub crawl,…sorry, I meant pub "research" (silly me)

I’m sure this is also in response to the rise in rural suicides on account of losing so many rural pubs and leaving many elderly people, who depended on them for companionship and community, with no place to go. A big part of the problem was solving the drunk driving problem with breathalyzers and stricter driving laws. In Kerry they approved legislation allowing people in these rural areas to acquire drunk driving permits in an effort to save the cherished pubs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/drunk-driving-permits-ireland_n_2527800.html

I checked the date on that; no, it wasn’t April 1st !