Joe Cooley Tapes

Joe Cooley Tapes

I was very pleased to see here more interest in the Joe Cooley tapes. Thanks to the help of others, mainly WB Reid, the notes are now legible and much improved. If you put "Joe Cooley Tapes" in your browser, up comes a page with photos and three downloadable options. The third one is what we just updated, so it’s typeset and has every scrap of information from our handwritten notes. I’ve tried to get a name for each tune, and list who was playing on each. Feedback and tune titles are most welcome. You’ll find my email at the end of the notes. Cheers ~ Cathie Whitesides

Re: Joe Cooley Tapes

http://www.joecooleytapes.org

Thanks, Cathie! What a great resource, and a treasure preserved. I’ve shared this with many friends already, now I’ll have to do it again…

Than you for making this treasure available. I have heard about it for many years from Jeremy and others, and I know there was a lot of care in making sure that if it were to be released it would be done responsibly.

Thanks very much for the hard work and the kindness in putting this up.

Posted by .

Fantastic thank you - I had to jump straight to the track of Joe Cooley playing Cooleys reel

brilliant

Track 15 on the recording of Joe and Miliosa is an instrumental version of "I’ll Tell Me Ma"

Many thanks for this excellent resource. Give my regards to Jeremy - we shared a flat in London many years ago.

Unidentified reels or fragments on a few of tapes were Martin wynnes 1 and 2, or 2 and 1.
I will try to figure out where I heard it, read track notes after listening.
Thanks for posting, I wish more ppl played in the lift

Posted by .