Myron Bretholz Day!

Myron Bretholz Day!

Last Wednesday night, June 22, 2005, at 50th birthday party held at the Café Hon in Baltimore, MD, for beloved bodhrán player Myron Bretholz, a representative from Mayor Martin O’Malley’s office appeared with a formal declaration stating that from here on out, June 22 will be known in Baltimore as Myron Bretholz Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahooooooooooooo Myron!

I was actually at the back of the pub when the declaration was being made & couldn’t make out the details, but we are all so proud to call Myron ours!

A few pages back, someone said something about how do you remember the names of tunes? Well, Myron’s been in the Irish music scene for so long, like 25 years at least, & sure he ‘only’ plays bodhrán, hee hee, but he has the most amazing ‘photographic’ memory for tunes. OK like for license plate numbers & phone numbers too, but you can call him night or day & lilt the most obscure tune over the phone to him & sure he will know it or get it for you in no time. I believe he was one of the original organizers of Gaelic Roots & is legendary in trad circles with a ton of recording credits, but mostly I’ve just known him as a dear, dear friend.

Congrats, Myron! We love you, hon. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Re: Myron Bretholz Day!

Wow! That’s great news, Em!

Congratulations Myron! We”ll be toasting you in the Catskills. See you there

Conán

When I was first getting into this music, I took a beginner bodhran class from Myron at Gaelic Roots. Decided the bodhran was not for me, but the class was a great foundation for my guitar playing—I learned a LOT about the music and the rhythm. Myron is a great guy and a wonderful teacher. All accolades are well deserved.

Thank you for sharing this Emily.

Mazel Tov Myron! Well deserved to be sure.

Peace,
Ed

Oy gavolt! Such a punim— he doesn’t look a day over 40-ish!

Posted by .

OMG, REALLY, Em? LOL — that is hilarious! Myron, you lurker, you, happy birthday, and you’ll get your birthday kiss and hug when I get to Baltimore! Wow, that’s next week, isn’t it! Yahoooo!