- The Gathering Storms reel Added by Nigel Gatherer .
- Repeal The Union jig Added by niall_kenny .
- The Plough And The Stars reel Added by niall_kenny .
- Sporting Nell reel Added by Kevin Rietmann .
- A Travers La Vitre reel Added by DetlefS .
- Drowsy Maggie reel in 4,063 tunebooks
- The Kesh jig in 3,598 tunebooks
- The Butterfly slip jig in 3,194 tunebooks
- Cooley’s reel in 2,984 tunebooks
- Morrison’s jig in 2,686 tunebooks
The Gathering Storms
From the 1996 recording of the same name by Ross Kennedy and Archie McAllister. I'm not 100% sure, but I think McAllister may have composed it. more…Posted by .
What a beautiful piece. I don't know if I could get it to sound as pretty on my fiddle. Harmony would be awesome in places methinks. more…Posted by .
The tune as written here is a weird version of the tune recorded by Dinny Delaney, and seems fairly unique to John Carty. The more standard version (and that recorded by Delaney) is here: http://thesession.org/tunes/11446 more…Posted by .
Conal Ó Gráda’s version updated
I notice that my last post on Conal Ó Gráda’s version is slightly wrong and doesn't really give a real flavour of how he plays it so I've updated it above, as his version is the best I've heard more…Posted by .
Dots for Amelia
I agree with the above poster. I couldn't play it from the dots. I think I transcribed it from my flute playing. I couldn't make sense of it on my fiddle from this transcription. I like the way these guys play it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tvqdWK7lx... more…Posted by .