- Gan Ainm jig Added by Fiddlemaus .
- The Celtic Crane reel Added by Ediot .
- An Dro D’Elven barndance Added by zoronic .
- The Salt slip jig Added by JACKB .
- The Boise Monsters reel Added by Ediot .
- Drowsy Maggie reel in 4,041 tunebooks
- The Kesh jig in 3,572 tunebooks
- The Butterfly slip jig in 3,174 tunebooks
- Cooley’s reel in 2,969 tunebooks
- Morrison’s jig in 2,670 tunebooks
A cracking tune that I'd love to get the name of. The Gsharp/A chord gives it a real drive. First heard it from a piano accordian playing friend of mine who plays it for dances, having got it off a dance album which helpfully had no liner notes. more…Posted by .
In Newton Tolman's book "Quick Tunes and Good Times", he calls this "Ladies' Walpole Reel", but that may be because there is a Walpole, New Hampshire (USA) near him. Fine tune. Glad you posted it. Tolman is an old pillar of New England Contra. There's a s... more…Posted by .
The Celtic Crane
This is an alternative setting of a tune I learned in the early 1990's from Brendan Mulvihill. I remembered him calling it "Charlie Lennon's." Recently, I heard this setting being played by John Carty. I played the Mulvihill setting for him and he confi... more…Posted by .
The Actual name is Bogie’s Reel
Right story (except it's Boogie, not Bogie), wrong tune. This is the tune the story is about: more…Posted by .
The second setting (by Cheakamus) has the wrong chords. It has the chords for the key of C but the tune is written in G. more…Posted by .