- Richard Brennan’s jig Added by Dargai .
- Blacktown jig Added by dogbox .
- Bulock’s Hornpipe three-two Added by ceolachan .
- The Blue Bell three-two Added by ceolachan .
- Giggety Jig jig Added by Cristin Mackenzie .
- Drowsy Maggie reel in 4,119 tunebooks
- The Kesh jig in 3,649 tunebooks
- The Butterfly slip jig in 3,235 tunebooks
- Cooley’s reel in 3,026 tunebooks
- Morrison’s jig in 2,729 tunebooks
The tune has mutated a bit under my fingers as I've been playing it on the box, so here's a version closer to how I play it, dropped down an octave for the first two parts. The chord progression in the 2nd part gives the tune something special, to my ears... more…Posted by .
Composed by Ray Schloeffel, who was by all accounts a gentle giant of a man and a gifted fiddler. He had a rough life and died too early but this tune will live on in his native Australia, where its becoming a homegrown session favourite. more…Posted by .
Another recent recording
My friend James Murray from Tubbercurry gives a brilliant rendition of this tune on his recent album 'The Powellsborough Lassies'. I'm biased of course but this album deserves more recognition. more…Posted by .
X: 2 “Auld Eage and Young Neer Grees the Gither”
B: "A Collection of Strathspeys, Reels & Country Dances", the 3rd Collection of 4, Robert Petrie,1800, page 35 more…Posted by .
X: 2 The Blew/Blue Bell Hornpipe
The Fiddler's Companion ~ by Andrew Kuntz more…Posted by .