Most Beautiful Fiddler

Most Beautiful Fiddler

I was just browsing around the net when I saw this beautiful picture of a fiddler from Texas. Now, Texas isn’t exactly the most Irish place, but she was still hot. I’m curious to know, who do you all think is the most beautiful fiddler, Celtic or not?

Re: Most Beautiful Fiddler

Kevin Burke!

Martin Hayes has cool hair…

Annbjorg Lien *sigh*

Nero?

Romola Garai.

Posted by .

celtic or not,

Hilary Hahn

http://www.hilaryhahn.com/

the fact that she is my favorite contemporary violinist is just happenstance

Kathleen Keane

My beloved wife, of course!

I used to have a real thing for women that played the violin… so graceful and elegant and charming. Not so much anymore though. Lets just say it didn’t work out.

If you are discussing good-looking female fiddlers, I’m willing to join you. But I think this kind of discussion takes you nowhere. How do you know s/he is really most beautiful in the world. I’ve met loads of great fiddlers who have never made and sold their recordings.

Have a look at this thread: https://thesession.org/discussions/3989

You dirty old men, with your pathetic fantasies!

What’s wrong with Catriona McDonald?

Or Susanne Lundeng?

OK, OK - stop twisting it like that!

Aghhh! OK, OK, OK …

Zina IS the most beautiful fiddler!

There - I’ve said it ….

I can always tell when I’m talking to a beautiful fiddler — I stumble on my words and say stupid things.

I’m not sure which is more beautiful, Annbjorg or her instrument. That thing is INCREDIBLE! I agree with TPB about Yvonne Kane, too… And Hillary Hahn.

I wouldn’t know about talking to one: never have. There are far too few fiddlers in the middle of the US, especially hot ones.

You dirty young men, with your horny fantasies!

I suppose we had to expect this - after all, first an ageist thread & now a sexist thread! Wonder what we will have next ………………..

You see I’m too old now to notice the shape of the Fiddler, I just listen to their music…

Well Ben… we want to see this photo you found on the net.

(Remember — it’s a family website)

this site is getting more pervy by the minute.

Its just as well you havent seen me……..

Mmmmm Lara Kerr! Yummy! :)

easy now conan

Well we couldn’t very well leave you out

AH go on Lara,admit it

Mairéad Ni Mhaonaigh… definitly

Posted by .

Always knew you’d make it on the net Lara! Check out www.mcgurks.com and cast your votes!

Posted by .

Romola Garai plays fiddle?

Posted by .

If you look closely at Ptarmi’s picture (not of him of course), you will notice the fiddler is playing left handed with the bow upside down.

Posted by .

Oh yes, of course Unseen, honest, we were all studying her bow technique too! But hey, if you’ve got such good eyesight, come on then, tell us her vital statistics? Oh & while your at it, can you see her phone number from where your sitting too? :-)

We met some VERY attractive fiddlers at the Fleadh…

Who’s not a beautiful fiddler ?
Fiddler in my band has been very dismissive of Vanessa Mae from the first publicity shots of her playing her violin while wading in the sea. "Who wants a used wet t-shirt ? " he demanded.
Well, some people, obviously.

Excellent RichardB! Some brilliant photos in amongst that lot! …. & I certainly wouldn’t climb over Sharon Gilchrist or Robin Flowers to get at you RichardB! :-D

If they play fiddles as well, I’ll vote for those two! :-D

a) What is so sexist about asking about attractive fiddlers? You will notice that we got some Kevin Burke and Martin Hayes nominations, too :-)

b) How is this perverted? If you’re going to like listening to the music, why not like looking at the musician, too?

c) I think I’m still going for Annbjorg, though I’m not sure.

Kevin Lees! i would…anyday

Eillein Ivers is beautifull player and looks nice too as does miriam kavanagh

OK…All MY fiddler friends, Maryellen Costello,Rose Conway Flanagan, Maeve Flanagan, Colleen Scarry Settle, Peggy O’Mahoney…..girls….I do hope you’re following this and buy me a drink next time we meet! LOL!

Keith… I have hair just like Martin Hayes….maybe I ought to take up fiddle?

well, this is certainly a change of pace!

Iris,

Never mind the fiddle - you’re in! Great hair, and guitar too. Are you still hosting any NYC sessions? How’s walnut sound in a guitar? Is it what you record and play sessions with? I played one once by local luthier here which was very nice.

Oh the hair is totally uncontrollable. I will have to talk to Martin Hayes about what the best Frizz Control products are. We met once and both laughed at the hair, it was truly mirror image.

I don’t venture into NYC much. We have the one running in NJ at IAANJ (check sites: www.hearts-content.net ot www.iaanj.com) and the one at Gildea’s in Pearl RIver NY…. with John Nolan, only catch is there is no room really for more than one or two other musicians at Gildea’s.

But…..you can usually meet some of our girl fiddlers at these, LOL!! Also at St.James Gate in Maplewood, and Porter House in Montvale, both NJ.

The walnut is VERY warm sounding. There are pix of it (both actually) at the Hearts Content site. There’s another coming in August, Honduran Rosewood, which is comparable to, and some say better than Brazillian. The top, likely Engleman, though possibly sitka, have not decided yet. It will be an M size.
I don’t record with these high end guitars, they are actually TOO resonant and deep, I use primarily a Martin OM21. I recorded some backup tracks using a Foley (Ed, not Ged) and was not happy with the sound…way too deep and boomy. The walnut one records nicely, but overly warm, needs some brightness. Walnut is a great much overlooked guitar wood for live playing though. Cheap and beautiful too.

Come on you guys, enough with the superstars…we have gorgeous fiddlers home grown right here in NJ! And darn good players too!!

Why has nobody mentioned the enchanting Zoe Conway yet?

Saw her in riverdance …. (must…. resist….impure….. thoughts..!!!!)

Totally biased and would say my daughter !!!! I could think of a few male fiddlers too who shall remain anonymous!!!!

Bloody marvellous, vaugley mention sex in a thread and we get a million responses . . I advertised Cleethorpes folk festival on this board last week and ziltch . . ;-)

Well Stewpot, you know what to do next time - advertise ‘Sexy Cleethorpes Folk Festival’! .. :-)

stewpot,
Maybe this gives you some ideas on how you should market your festival—I can see the poster now—"Folk babes on parade! Hot fiddlers! Pouting flautists!"

Have you ever been to Cleethorpes ? . . its not the sex capital of Britain thats for sure . .

Not even a mention of Natalie MacMaster?
Also, I think Mary Custy is pretty cute.

Did ‘Old People’ mention sex? It’s up to 105 posts now.

Natalie is attractive, but I wouldn’t put her as the most beautiful. Still though…

Paulam’s daughter is indeed gorgeous. if only she were about 40 years older…. ;)

A tangential thread to this one might be "So who is checking out the babes while playing chunes?"

Oi Conán that would make her even older than me!! By loads!!!!

Where’s Winnie Horan??? Sorta punky look but cute!

What a pervy lot!

Okay, ummm….. Anne-Sophie Mutter.

Yeah I know Paula. I’m a bit of a granny-grabber. It’s the thermal underwear that sets me off.

>http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_print_pages/0195-0512-2200-1715.html

(Michael Palin announcer voice)
Good day. I’d like to talk to you about the place of the nude female fiddler in my bed.
Er, in the _history_ of my bed!
In Irish music! Sorry!
The place of the nude female fiddler in the history of Irish music.
Bum. Ooh, what a giveaway!

(And so on. You all can do the rest of the routine yourselves)

Posted by .

paddy canny is the most beautiful fiddler.

Aye ceemonster, Joe Ryan’s not bad either…. & Junior Crehen was gorgeous!

What about Bobby Casey & Andy McGann - two more crackers!

quote from gary stevens on inspecting a recent edition of ‘strad’ magazine:

‘f*$k me,does nobody ugly play the fiddle these days?’

‘f*$k me,does nobody ugly play the fiddle these days?’ - answer - No, well at least nobody famous anyway! However there are plenty of ugly fiddling barstewards who are not famous!

No I’m not going to name names here! :-D

Andy McGann was real handsome and a real gent too! But who could care once he was playing….. the music was incredible!

Well, nuff said from me….. I’d rather listen to the music than discuss looks, fun diversion, but…..bring on the tunes! Guess this will go on minus one "granny".

yeah, i agree with welovejosephchilds - Kevin Lees! Who wouldn’t?!

Aisling Costello from Tipperary tops my list!! What a fiddler as well!!

me, obviously
=D

Posted by .

nora mulready

andy morrow

"MÁIRÉAD NESBITT"

Have to agree. Honourable mentions to Annbjorg and Catriona too.

Posted by .

Oh yeah - and Jenna Reid!

Posted by .

If we adhere strictly to the original question content of "fiddlers", Elana James. Hot Club Of Cowtown. You haven’t lived until you have seen great western swing played by a hottie in a slinkie black dress and boots. Yee Haw!
Now I’m pretty sure that y’all have seen lots of purty violinist. But now beautiful - "fiddlers" are hard to come by. At least here in Abilene, Texas they are!

http://www.elanajames.com/

http://www.hotclubofcowtown.com/