Mighty Craic submission

Mighty Craic submission

I don’t know if they are still taking submissions, but Dave Lewicki, myself, and Barbara Price have finally completed our trio — flute, fiddle and saxaphone.

We call ourselves "B. Loodie, F. Hook and E. Jitts".

Enjoy

http://barbaraprice.com/irish/BLoodieFHooknEJitts.mp3

Posted by .

Re: Mighty Craic submission

Whale oil……..

Thanks, now I have to take these slacks in for dry cleaning….

Posted .

Should be B. Loodie F. Hook and Ell

Posted by .

Words cannot express what I think about this.

Sounds like my slow session.

I thought Mozart had said all there was to say with his Divertimento in F K.522. I was wrong; I know now there are unplumbed depths still to be explored.

Well, that’s A Mighty Wind Up. Or is it No Sax Please, We’re Irish. But have a look at the trailer to the DVD "Come West Along the Road" and see what instrument is in the band playing for the dancers (notice the plain costumes the kids wear!) in Galway at the event where the nascient RTE Television introduces its announcers in the early 60s.

Try importing it into Audacity and using some effects: Reverse/Echo/ ect.

Also, I think it’s just a tad too fast <grin>

One more suggestion,
May you be forewarned not to play this tune whilst aboard a boat or other floatation device.

Do you have a name for this tune??

How about the Jocque Cousteau ….air?

lol

Raymond

The Craic will indeed be mighty with this added

I just have one question: were any animals hurt during the production of this piece?

No, but a cluster of suicides was recorded in the neighbourhood.

It’s a blatant rip-off of our now defunct Potkiln session. My solicitors will be in contact.

It puts my Mighty Craic submission to shame. Is there any way to withdraw it?

Thanks to everybody for your incredibly enthusiastic reception to our new music. It is very encouraging and our band is now discussing a CD, though we have some obsticles ahead.

One of our musicians is busily practicing for her recital of the "Sonata for Chain Saw and Piano." Unfortunately she keeps having accidents with the Chain Saw — we encouraged her to get a smaller model, but she insists on the 30 inch blade, saying "the lack of harmonic resonance in smaller models is musically unprofessional." She will also buy a new piano for the accompanyist.

Posted by .

Interesting rendition, but is it the pure drop?

:)

Posted by .

The problem with chainsaws is the rate of bow consumption. I’ve been playing a Roberts and Lee gents saw for over 35 years now and have never yet needed a new bow.

John Peel would have loved that recording, by the way.

Must be a slip-knot—oops-

Posted by .

Eliot, any chance that you might upload a video of your band’s performance onto YouTube? Purely so that we may all study the band’s ensemble technique and learn from it, you understand.

But I’d forewarn Will, his wardrobe may not be up to it :-)