New to this site

New to this site

Hi, I’m new to the site and I can’t believe all the tunes that are posted here, wow! This is a great resource and I am glad to have found it. Also, I recently added my website in the links section and I think that lots of you must check that out also because I got about 40 hits today, haha. Thanks to everyone who goes to the trouble to add all these new tunes on here, this is a fun spot. Happy fiddling everyone, Anastasia

Re: New to this site

Welcome and enjoy.
Don’t forget that, if you ever have any sort of technical question, just put a word or two into the search field of the discussions listing and you will be drowned in useful information.

Welcome. I’m listening to one your sets (The High Road) now and have a few comments.

1. Nice fiddle playing
2. The piano is burying you in the mix. It took some EQ work to find your bits.
3. Did you multi-track the fiddle yourself or have someone else playing with you for this one.?
4. Cute chuckling at the end.

Nice playing - sounds live to me.

Nice playing. Who else is playing with you? KC, sounds fine on my computer.

Posted by .

Oh yeah, Welcome!

Posted by .

Welcome! I’m pretty new myself to this site. Loved your playing, especially Jackie Coleman’s reel on your first set. Great!

Posted by .

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes! Yes, we took that one live of the floor (the High Road Set) As for the sound quality, It was recorded in 2000. 6 years ago, I thought it sounded fine… there are things that I would change now, but i try to just accept that that’s where I was at the time….
The kids laughing are my nephews, the first tune has some of my students playing along, the last 3 reels I have my friends Jesse Francis and Ward MacDonald playing with me. Thanks again, Anastasia

Welcome from the other end of the country!
Love your playing, and thanks for the pics from PEI.

Great website Anna and nice recordings. It looks awful cold up there in winter.

Welcome, hope you enjoy. New myself and these guys are great. The advice is great too!

Inspirational ~

Nice Anastasia, a website with great content and charm.

As I’m seeing it, Internet Explorer (the recent beta), some fonts are difficult to read, for example the small size under ‘Photos’… ((… <span style=“font-family: Cursive;”><font size=“2”>The first secition contains ~…)) Just a little bit bigger would be a blessing for me. The colour scheme could use a reconsider and makeover…to make the view clearer and easier on the eyes, easier to read. But maybe it’s my old eyes at fault…

Wishful thinking, and me being greedy, I hope you’ll advance a few more pages in your ‘lessons’. Added extras I would definitely welcome would be picture of your CD cover and contents, a price and how to order, as well as the track/tune list, and maybe even some liner notes, pictures of your group in action, such as playing for a dance… Damn I am greedy… But, I firmly believe, you can’t have too much of a good thing…

Your group looks like a lot of fun… I, like the rest, enjoyed the play in your music, it made me homesick… I also like your philosophy as it comes out in your little introductory lesson, nicely put, with heart…and good clear instruction and notation… I look forward to you eventually doing a book/CD/DVD set for teaching the music. I have no doubt it will be well thought out and designed. Mabye you could get Paul Cranford’s support there. As I’m sure you know, his care and heart for the music has not bounds… Next time I’m around your way I’m going to have to have a lesson… Prince Edward Island is a beautiful place, as are the Maritimes in general, biting and sucking things with wings aside… 😉 I miss the place, and we actually miss shovelling snow, along with missing regular sets and steppin’, snow-shoeing, fresh fish and the lot… Oh, those lovely scallop sandwiches and the chowders… We were never healthier…? Thanks for the reminder…

You could also add your CD with track/tune list under ‘Recordings’ here on the site, so it links to tunes and promotes your music further…

More photos please!! 🙂

behave yourself Conán 😉

lol I meant of Newfoundland!! ;)

Now I know what it feels like to be a punter ………………..I fancy the Bodhran player! 😀

Sorry Anna, just messin’.

A big .org welcome to you & I hope you enjoy getting stuck into some of the discussions here.

I loved those photos of your view & Winter, Spring.
That’s a good idea, hope you don’t mind if I pinch that idea for my site?

Band photos look good too. Great to see a ‘SMILING’ band rather than those dopey poses ‘with attitude’!

I’m in the Library just now, but I’ll listen to your music when I get home.
Cheers

lets see…
Ceolachan, I made the website myself and really know nothing about making websites so I had to use templates for pretty much everything. Someday when I’m rich and famous 🙂 I’ll have a professionally designed site. Hope you’re not holding your breath, lol. I will list my CD cover with track listing soon and I want to try to sell the tracks of my CD online, but as I said…not so computer savvy, so trying to find a way…

Conàn, I live in Prince Edward Island, not Newfoundland, much smaller Island, same part of the world. 🙂

Ptarmigan, thanks and of course, feel free to use the idea….everyone fancy’s the bodhran player…..she has a great voice too! Cheers all, Anastasia

Cheers Anna - lovely photos!

Also new to this site.

Thanks to all of you for this great site. I’m also on Chiff and Fipple, where my alias is BrassBlower.

I look forward to many virtual sessions with you.

Slan,
Jim

Re: Also new to this site.

Hi Jim, welcome. I just read your post on fiddlefork. I am one of the people kicked out of fiddlefork for asking who wrote a tune, haha. I’l try my best to behave myself here…never been kicked out of anywhere before! I like this site a lot. Super nice people and great resources. Anastasia

Well, Anna, I wasn’t “kicked out”, but I have voluntarily joined the mutiny. Hopefully the mods here aren’t demighods. *wink*

(I doubt that they are, since there are so many people here.)

Rub the brass fiddle ~

Hey, all you demigoths, we’re being summoned!!!

Love the music - my daughters (9 and 6) are dancing to it right now!

Very lovely website, Anna! Thanks also for sharing the tunes!

With your being from PEI, have you ever had a chance to see the Rankin Family? I enjoy their music and the sea shanties.

Continued success in all your musical endeavors!
Bill

im not from the island but love it there ive only been playing 4 kitchen partys yahoo and anna wat part of pei

Anna,

Great tunes on your website. This is a great site, so welcome. Sorry about all the goings on at fiddlefork. I liked your input there, but something’s going on.

Nofrets (Larry)

Websites and this site ~

“Ceolachan, I made the website myself and really know nothing about making websites so I had to use templates for pretty much everything. Someday when I’m rich and famous I’ll have a professionally designed site. Hope you’re not holding your breath, lol.”

Hey, you’ve made the first step and done more than most, which is to be admired. You dn’t have to be rich and famous or into it ‘professionally’… I’ve had to deal with folks that considered and sold themselves as ‘professional’ website designers that weren’t as they claimed ~ smoke and mirrors. I never bother to make suggestions about websites unless I see value in what’s there, and in your case I do, and potential. HTML is not a tough thing, but I suspect with your charms, including that in your music, you could probably find some folks at a local college that would be willing to give you some time just for a smile and a tune. If I were there I know I’d be a push over for that.

So, having done so well, don’t undersell yourself. I know you can do it ~ eventually… Every presence you make is important, and you’ve made a good first start. Font size is an easy one to get yourself around, as is a slight lightening of the lighter background so the lettering is more prominent. I’m not holding my breath, but I have faith in a good thing, that it will grow and develop…like your music. Things tend to fall into place better if they aren’t pushed, if they are just nudged along, and any opportunities not passed up… So, ‘faith’… A good start often means a bright future. Best of luck…

Welcome🙂 and just to say I also enjoyed your site🙂