john spillane lyrics

john spillane lyrics

Hi Everyone,

Well I would be just made up if anyone can help me with something- I’m looking for the lyrics of John Spillane’s ‘Ag an gCoisir’, which is on the Cuimhi Gaeltachta cd- I don’t have the sleeve for the cd, but did find the track list (titles only) on the interweb.

This song is just a gem. It always amazes me how he gets incredible emotion into a word like’ nuair’… great great singer. But yes, I would be so grateful if anyone would have the lyrics and wouldn’t mind posting them here.

Also Louis de Paor wrote the song if that’s any help…

Thankies all

Posted by .

Re: john spillane lyrics

Try searching for song lyrics on google and you might get them there. Also John Spillane is playing at the World Fleadh this year, I’ve tickets booked, he great.

Hey, Sarfly, thanks- no luck on google for a change. He has a cool website up now- www.johnspillane.ie so I’m going to post there and ask john himself!

when and where’s the world fleadh taking place?

Posted by .

Ask for the lyrics on the Mudcat folk forum and you’ll likely get them. I’ll start a thread request there for you. GO HERE:
http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=92514

If you need lyrics to trad or folk songs, there is already a huge database at www.mudcat.org/threads.cfm as well as large forum history of posted info and lyrics and many knowledgable people from around the world to answer questions.

Best place for folk song info on the web.

Alice Flynn in Montana

Smuit,
Hes playing in a the town of Ballybunion Co. Kerry the 20th August. The line up is amazing. I am nearly sure the festival is submitted in events section.

Are you going to Willy Clancy this year?

Alice,
Many thanks: I didn’t know this forum existed and I’m normally more interested in the tunes, so thanks for the link, don’t think I’d have found it by myself!

And Sarfly- no, it is breaking my heart but I can’t make Willie Clancy this year. I’m in Australia and not back home to Ireland until early September. It’s so cruel. I have been there for last two years and it was the highlight of my year, both times. I can’t believe I’ve to wait another 12 months!

Are you going?? would love to hear about the craic

Posted by .