Transcriber Wanted

Transcriber Wanted

Bail o Dhia Oraibh!
Is there anyone out there who is good at transcribing and has time on his/her hands. I have a reel on audiotape that I’d like to see the dots for, and I’m not competent to do that myself. I was going to put it on a webpage with a link to it here, so that whoever was interested could have a go. Unfortunately, I screwed up. Not only could I not put the audioclip on the webpage, I also made most of the clips already on unplayable. I could email the clip, unless someone can suggest something else.
Go raibh maith agaibh.
Mairtin
PS I’m off for a while to help someone move.

Re: Transcriber Wanted

Mairtin, I’d be glad to do it. Is it of you father again? I enjoyed the last time we swapped a sound clip for the dots.

Will

Posted .

I’ll do it if whoosis can’t. Just let me know!

Thanks Will and irishfiddler. I appreciate both of your offers. Since you offered first and since you’ve done this for me before, Will, you can take the first crack at it. I didn’t know you were still around, Will, and I had forgotten your name here was whoosis.

Yes, it is one of my father’s reels, but it is not him playing and it is not fiddle. It is a recording by a box player. I don’t know if that increases the difficulty, box vs fiddle.

This reel was one of three recorded by the boxplayer (Seamus Walshe). The other two, I have my father’s transcription for, this one I’m not sure. BTW, SW did not have names for these reels other than Martin Ruane’s. So, basically, I’m interested in a kind of bare bones transcription for identification purposes.

For anyone else interested, I will post this reel here a bit later. I hope, by that time, I will have figured out how to post the soundclip on my father’s webpage.
Go raibh maith agaibh.
Mairtin