Absolute Beginner Tin Whistle Lessons

Absolute Beginner Tin Whistle Lessons

Hi just to let people know that there is a absolute Beginner Tin Whistle course of 4 online lessons for www.ayepod.net. Which is now available, there are also some great other resources on the website so it’s well worth a look.

Admission - I am the tutor of the tin whistle course which I really enjoyed putting together.

Jennifer

Posted by .

Re: Absolute Beginner Tin Whistle Lessons

That is a very cool site. I love the idea of online lessons. Oh brave new world. Some damn nice fiddling on there as well.

How nice, I see there are concertina lessons too. On the description it seems it could be useful for English concertina as well as anglo. Of course, I’ll also take a look at the whistle lessons. Too many instruments, too little time…

Thank you for posting this site — what fun! And an on-line session, too.

Will you be adding harp later?

Cheers Tracie,

I don’t know if there are any plans for a harp course, the man behind it is the fantastic Concertina player Simon Thoumire. I’m sure if there was demand then he get some of the fanastic Harp tutors here to do one. His email will be on the site.

Jenny

Posted by .

ST - the man who holds his English concertina like an Anglo.

I have looked at a couple of MadForTrad DVDs which were fine (apart from some of the video quality) - why are these any better?

I haven’t seen the MadForTrad DVD’s so can’t comment on them. But these are different from buying a DVD or CD rom because there is also a interactive chat that goes along with for advice and support.

If just another method of allowing people who don’t have access to tutor’s to be able to learn an instrument and about traditional music. There are also online sessions which allows people to play along and learn new tunes before venturing into public.

Personally I think it’s a great thing.

Posted by .

I need very basic BAG notes tunes / exercises for young children for tin whistle. Can you point me in the right direction?

Posted by .

Maybe start a new thread about it or it will disappear into the ether!