Any players in Melbourne, Australia, insterested in a jam?

Any players in Melbourne, Australia, insterested in a jam?

I do go to the beginners session once a month at the Celtic Club, but I’m always interested in getting together with other players to share a tune. Any takers? ๐Ÿ™‚

Ptollemy

Re: Any players in Melbourne, Australia, insterested in a jam?

I’m close to Melbourne, play the fiddle, and would like to share a tune. I’ll send an email.

Posted by .

I just got back from there! I will be relocating for 6 to 8 weeks starting mid Jan - any information on fiddling/trad in the Melbourne area would be terrific. I am also interested in hooking up with an instructor while I am there so as to not develop worse habits - Any Leads? Can you tell me about the Celtic Club?

Hey guys - The music scene in melbourne is totally flying at the moment - its the best music scene in australia. There is a session at the Dan O’Connell on monday nights - brilliant. They are a great bunch down there and 3/4 of my band live there, I however live in sydney, not for long though I’m moving to melbourne in january!

Posted by .

Peter O’Shea runs the Australian Fiddle & Mandolin School in Melbourne. I asked him about your post here and he suggested I give his phone number which is (03) 9580 3364. He would be pleased to hear from you.

I am a learning concertina and DADGAD player live in Corryong. VIC and get to melbourne occassionaly to the Dan O’Connell, Father Flannigans and The Quiet Man pubs around Flemington Area. Send me an email if you’d like to catch up as I am also looking for people to session with on the vivts there. Will be in Melbourne at Xmas.

Posted by .