Frankie Gavin International Fiddle & Strings Festival

Frankie Gavin International Fiddle & Strings Festival

Anyone going this year? Line-up looks amazing!

Re: Frankie Gavin International Fiddle & Strings Festival

who’s in the amazing line-up??

Posted by .

Where, When, Why. I want information!

Great line-up - yes
Great venues - well, Roisin Dubh and the Crane, yes - but tickets will sell out rapidly for these venues. (Haven’t been to the Radisson, but I’ve heard it’s not great.)

… and tickets are reasonably priced - Excellent.

Yes, looks like a good weekend of music. You have heard correctly RockyRoader, the Radisson is not a great venue. Have been to a few concerts there, the room is very vast and the sound is always like that of an old parish hall.

Posted by .

Radisson SAS Galway

Strange that, I thought the Radisson SAS, Galway has won a string of awards and is rated as the top hotel in Ireland according to this press release? Is it that the sound isn’t carrying well Radisson SAS Entertainment Centre? I believe there are 2 venues in the Radisson SAS in Galway that will be used, namely; the "Radisson SAS Entertainment Centre" AND the "Radisson SAS - Backstage Bar". Which of the 2 venues sounded like "an old parish hall"? Here’s the article that I’m on about anhow:

Radisson SAS Hotel & Spa, Galway tops the polls once again at Irish Travel Trade Awards

14 February 2006

The Radisson SAS Hotel & Spa, Galway have added yet another award to their cabinet after Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts were awarded “The Best Hotel Group World-wide” by the Irish Travel Trade News.

in Cullen TD, Minister for Transport and Michael Flood, Editor of Travel Trade News and Chairman of Dublin Tourism presented the coveted award to the Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts at their Annual Awards Ceremony at the Burlington Hotel Dublin, Wednesday 25th January. The award was selected by the ITAA – The Irish Travel Agents Association with criteria was based on customer feedback, levels and consistency of service, friendliness of staff and attention to detail.

Radisson SAS Hotel & Spa Galway has come to the forefront of Irish Hospitality since opening its doors in 2001 establishing itself as one of the best hotels in the West of Ireland, and with six awards alone in 2005, its a clear indication they are continuing to go from strength to strength.

of the awards the hotel have received in recent times include the Evening Herald ‘Best Business Hotel in Ireland’ Award 2005, Irish Tatler Top 100 Hotels Worldwide listing, HSMAI Award for the “Best Sales and Marketing Strategy 2005”, ‘Best Destination/Hotel Resort Spa of the Year’ at the Irish Beauty Industry Awards 2005, Top 50 Best Companies to work for in Ireland 2005, VIP Magazine Best Spa in Ireland Award 2004, Galway Chamber of Commerce Environmental Award 2004, White Flag Award 2004 & 2005 for spirit one fitness & leisure, and most recently the Business Hotel of the Year Award at the Georgina Campbell’s – ‘the Guide’ 2005 Awards for Excellence.

A multi-award winning hotel, the Radisson SAS Hotel & Spa Galway received the Evening Herald ‘Best Business Hotel in Ireland’ Award in both 2005 and 2006. Georgina Campbell’s 2005 Awards for Excellence awarded the hotel ‘The Business Hotel of the Year Award’. It has also been listed as one of the top 100 hotels worldwide by Irish Tatler, as well as winning many awards for its luxurious spa, spirit one.

I believe the line-up is as such:

Friday 20th October

Evening Concert – 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm - The Crane Bar Listeners Club

Angelina Carberry, Mary Shannon, Enda Scahill, Greg Cotter
Eoin O’Neill & Quentin Cooper

Radisson SAS Entertainment Centre – 8.00pm

"Fiddles on Fire"

Seán Keane (Chieftains), Tommy Peoples, James Cullinan, Vincent Griffin, Maurice Lennon, Ciarán Ó Maonaigh & Brendan Larrissey + Surprise Guests

——————————————————————————————————————————

Saturday 21st October

St. Nicholas Collegiate Church - Lunchtime Concert – 1.00pm

Classical Concert with Fionnuala Hunt & Úna Hunt from the Irish Chamber Orchestra

Evening Concert in The Crane Listeners Club – 6.00pm – 8.00pm

Steve Cooney & Laoise Kelly with Surprise Guest

Radisson SAS Entertainment Centre – 8.00pm - Double Bill

Frankie Gavin & Hibernian Rhapsody
&
At The Racket

CD Launch of new Frankie Gavin CD

——————————————————————————————————————————

Sunday 22nd October

Radisson SAS – Backstage Bar – 1.00pm - 4.00pm

Sunday Jazz Brunch with the Café Orchestra

Roisín Dubh – 5-7 pm - Grand Finale

Ireland’s Finest Female Fiddlers

Liz Doherty - MC
Siobhán Peoples, Breda & Cora Smyth, Maeve Donnelly, Máíre Ó Keeffe, Liz Kane, Winne Horan (Solas) & Mairín Fahy
Patsy Broderick on piano

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sounds good to me anyhow!

As Donough rightfully said, the website is at:

http://www.galwaymusicfest.com

Anyone been to a music event in St. Nicholas Collegiate Church? I didn’t notice anyone commenting on it is all?

Looks like a good lineup-have to say disappointed at the Radisson’s ballroom for gigs.It’s MASSIVE and although there were a good few at the Four Men and a Dog a while back,it felt pretty empty and the atmosphere not up to the usual Dogs’ high standard-through no fault of their own,obviously.