midi2ABC

midi2ABC

I did use once upon a DOS program called midi2abc.exe with some success, but no enthusiasm. I think we need some options to take the lilt/groove out of the midi ๐Ÿ˜‰
Is there now a better tool to convert midi files into abc notation?

Re: midi2ABC

A google search for "midi2abc" revealed several hundred pages. One or two of the more interesting ones at the beginning turn out to be instruction manuals for the application that don’t appear to be sourced. There are one or two others which appear to have downloadable applications which run from a command line, but they appear to require unfamiliar software in the background both to unwrap the download and to run it. Perhaps they’re talking linux.
What might be more practicable would be to print out the midi as stave music and then manually transcribe the dots you’re interested in to abc.

I do not have a program to print sheet music from midid as well.
Another possibility would be to print out the midi code what might be as easy to write abc from as from stave.
I would like to transform about 35 midis I downloaded to abc, so I can transform the key and print it out as sheet music.

So an automated process would be very helpful!

I found this tool: MidiZyx2abc by Alexander Scheutzow, Mannheim, Germany
http://www.midicond.de/Freeware/MidiZyx2abc_EnglishManual.html

You have to install Java JRE and configure it to run the jre file when you double click a mid file.
I had trouble getting that to work, but if you go to the java exe and run, for example:
java -jar C:\Users\chaptor\Downloads\MidiZyx2abc_6.04.jar
it works nicely!