Gutted!

Gutted!

After fighting to overcome my lack of confidence, I started joining in at my local session early this year. It was fab; enjoying the music and expertise of the other players when sitting out a tune I didn’t know; enjoying the craic and getting a good buzz when I could join in, and also when able to start a few sets too… (I do recommend anyone else in similar situation to make that leap and do try join in, it really is a great buzz)

However, after a missing a few sessions due to other gigs (ceilidh band) and late summer hols, I turned up at the pub for a pleasant evening with my mandolin… and no sign of any other musos. Checked with the bar staff, and was told there were no more sessions, and no, she didn’t know if they’d moved on. ๐Ÿ™

I’d heard a rumour that the council was getting feisty over public music licence and all that … but I don’t know why it’s stopped. Sessions in commutable distances are hard to come by here in rural somersetshire. Maybe the other sessioners had decided to move on and ‘"let’s not tell that crazy Irish mandolin player who always comes along and mucks up the sessions where we’re going to", - in truth rather that than find some beaurocrats decree it forbidden.

I’m gutted.

Once again a lone mando player in somerset….

Re: Gutted!

If it was a bureaucratic order then the pub manager would know the full story and should be able to tell you, even if it hasn’t filtered down to the bar staff (some of whom could be temporary).
Whereabouts are you in Somerset?

I’ve looked at your new website, and there is a suggestion that you could be in the Wincanton area, Rather a long way from Bristol ๐Ÿ™

Yep - Long way from anywhere… which has its benefits most of the time, I freely admit ๐Ÿ™‚

Stripthewillow, I’ll shortly be sending you an email via thesession with some information you may like to follow up.