Flute wanted

Flute wanted

I require a fairly good wooden flute, pref 4/5 keys and in scale of D.
I dont fancy buying from ebay and there are no suitable music shops in Spain to assist. A good standard second user would suffice….

Posted by .

Re: Flute wanted

Hi there

You might try the Chiff & Fipple Flute forum - there are various flutes there for sale. You can also use the ‘search’ function to search for past discussions of the pros & cons of different flutes.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewforum.php?forum=2&954

I am selling a keyless M&E, by the way. It’s polymer not wood. It’s on ebay (sorry!) but there is no reserve so you may get a bargain…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120045541166&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Posted by .

Another possibility is the Irish Flute Store (www.irishflutestore.com) which usually has previously owned instruments for sale, and "Doc" is very knowledgeable.

Hi Dave_, it’s pretty tough to quickly get your hands on what your looking for primarly because keyed flutes (good ones) are scarce and highly sought after. Be patient and try out different models if you can. I waited ten years for my four-keyed flute made by Pat Olwell, so that should give you some perspective. However, good second handers do pop up from time to time. The "Doc" at the Irish Flute store mentioned above runs across alot of instuments and he could help keep an eye out for you. Good luck!

Thanx to everyone for advice to date, I didnt realise they were so scarce to come by..

Posted by .

Ebay usually has a selection of keyed wooden flutes made in Pakistan….don’t go there!!!! From everything I’ve heard they make wonderful lamps or wall decorations, but terrible musical instruments. The intonation is variable and they have a tendency to warp, crack, split and otherwise self destruct.

Posted by .

Thanx Kate, I got burned on ebay once before, will stick to trusted sources..namely ere….Im still watching yours Trish..xx

Posted by .