I like this Gerry Harrington CD, what else will I like?

I like this Gerry Harrington CD, what else will I like?

Gerry Harrington and Charlie Piggott’s "The New Road" CD is my favourite listening at the moment, I like the relaxed, unhurried atmosphere, the straightforward, unflashy but expert playing. I’m more interested in fiddle music than accordion. I’ve got GH’s other recordings already. What else will I like?

Posted .

Re: I like this Gerry Harrington CD, what else will I like?

Icecream?

Spot on Kenny, judging by the reviews anyway. I’ve ordered it.

Oraghal, surprise is an essential element of humour.

Posted .

I love that recording too, Bernie. You might like these recording:

Mary Custy and Eoin O’Neill "With a Lot of Help from their Friends": http://www.custysmusic.com/mall/CustysTraditionalMusicShop/products/product
Claire Keville, John Weir and Eithne Ní Dhonaile "An Trí is a Rian": http://www.custysmusic.com/mall/CustysTraditionalMusicShop/products/product-1311383.stm

They are certainly gems though not easy to find cheap copies.

Has anyone heard any news of Gerry recently? He didn’t do his annual session at Feakle this August because he was seriously ill with a stomach ulcer.

He’s my fiddle teacher in the Sligo College Traditional Society. I’ve just known him this year. Nice person and great fiddler. It’s a chance to get leasons from him.

He was playing at the Patrick O’Keefe festival in CastleIsland last weekend. He did a nice workshop from Emma O’Leary too.

Lucky you Miguel!

Tell him when you see him that various strangers on the internet were were asking after him will you?

Posted .

Great music!!
Im a box player and Charlie Piggot is my favourite. Great musician and great man.

i’m also a box player, and charlie piggot is among my favorites. a gentleman and a scholar in addition to his lovely music. i guess i shouldn’t recommend his recording "the lonely stranded band," given that bernie29 wanted fiddle in the mix, but "lsb," is a gem. my recommendation for the day would be "tracin’" a lovely, unhurried selection of clare music by fiddler patrick ourceau and concertina man gearoid ohallmhorain. many of the tunes are in east clare-ish flat keys. it is a very special record.