Looking for Trad music in Lake Placid NY over Thanksgiving weekend

Looking for Trad music in Lake Placid NY over Thanksgiving weekend

Hello, I’ve done the session check and member check, but am wondering if there is anyone who will be in the Lake Placid, New York area over the Thanksgiving weekend that playsTrad. Irish or Scottish music. I’m a fiddler and will be visiting. I’d love to get together if there is anyone.

Re: Looking for Trad music in Lake Placid NY over Thanksgiving weekend

Piper Michael Cooney lives there, but I’m not sure you’ll find much in the way of sessions happening there. You’d probably have better luck driving a couple of hours either to Burlington or up north to Montreal.

You should however check with their arts council; I know that there’s a largish scottish fiddle festival held in Saranac every summer and perhaps they could put you in touch with a few fiddlers who are part of that.

http://www.lakeplacidarts.org/

I’ve heard tell of local sessions around Wanakena and Long Lake, but I can’t vouch for them. There are plenty of great trad musicians couched up in those woods, though.

Thanks to those who gave me ideas. I have contacted the arts council and will see what happens. It’s always worth a try.