The Sheet Music

The Sheet Music

Hello everyone!, I’m not sure if this has already been discussed, but when I print out the sheet music here, I can’t read the notes very well, they’re too small!….help me!

Distressed Blu

Re: The Sheet Music

If you transfer your tunes to your tune book and print them out from there as opposed to taking a print from the "search result screen", you should get better results.
Hope this helps.
John

You could also cut and paste them to Word, where you can adjust the size to your liking. Cheers.

Thank you, but I’ve attemted both of those and when I still try to read the music I can’t tell if a certain note is on the line or in the space!

Blu

Hey Blu, what kind of printer are you using?

Posted by .

Blu
Another alternative is to download the ABC code into an ABC music printing application such as ABC2Win, and then you should be able to produce excellent results (subject to any technical problems you may be having with your printer!)

trevor

Anny, a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 722C to be exact…is that what you meant???

I could Trevor, but I doubt I would know how to do that…..

Blu

I second Trevor’s suggestion. Print from your ABC software to get a good high-resolution image. The images used here on the site are intended more for on-screen reading rather than paper and, for bandwidth reasons, they kind of have to be small (in file-size, anyway).

I don’t have a ABC conversion program of my own since I always use the Concertina one. But I saved the sheet music to a tune to the "my pictures" section of the computer and printed it out from there. The notes came out crossways on the page but they certainly big enough to be readily readable. I’m not familiar with all the options there so I have to explore it a bit to see what other ways I could print it.

Steve

You can cut & paste the ABC into the converter at Concertina.net:

http://www.concertina.net/tunes_convert.html

and then use & print the PDF version, which will look very nice and be normally sized.

It’s good to know that the Concertina converter breaks the sheet music where the ABC has a carriage return (goes to a new line), so you can twiddle the ABC around to get good looking sheet music.

Scott Turner

Thank you, I will try as many different ways as I can!

Cheers,
Blu