Cygnet…

Cygnet…

Me and the girls are heading down tae the Cygnet fest in Tassie and were wondering who else was planning on going? We’re spending a few days in and around Hobart beforehand and were hoping for some warm up tunes. All the info on this site says the regular sessions are on the weekend and we don’t arrive til Monday. Are there any other options? Can we just walk in and play some tunes in one of those pubs?
P.S. A quick message to all the Sydney crew, come to Illawarra and crank it up! I know you’re reading this…..

Re: Cygnet…

Try getting in touch with briantheflute via this forum, he’s local to Hobart and I’m pretty sure he goes to the Cygnet - and he’s always up for a tune or two!

Not able to get to illarwarra obviously - but the three of us have the National all arranged - it was a close call - I almost gave up on the whole thing cause it was getting to hard to arrange with the baby. We’ll see you guys then - mean time - Paddys going to be at Cygnet - other than that I have no idea xbeebs

Posted by .

Beebs, Great to hear that you’re all going to the National. Does this mean you are bringing the baby? Catch you there.

Yup - baby will be coming - he has already spent loads of time in sessions at only 5 months old - I reckon he is ready for the big league! Its great that you are coming this year Donough - how long have we all been trying to talk you into it?

I heard Conan was coming? Anyone know if he has piked out yet? Its the same every year🙂

Posted by .

Beebs, if you didn’t come to the Nash it would be a tragedy for your poor child, although he was kinda there last year wasn’t he. I’m sure he absorbed alot in utero, that’s why he’s so advanced already! Well. we’ll def see ye there… Were kinda thinkin of making a quick trip to da Syd around Illawarra, but hafta check work stuff n stuff.

okay - let me know what you decide to do….when is illawarra anyway?

Posted by .

last weekend in jan - 25th or something. merry christmas and new year by the way! Will give ye a call when we know what we’re doin. sorry bout the twin swap mid converation….

twinswap - thats funny🙂

Posted by .

Hi there Sneetch.

Go into the New Sydney Hotel and ask Garry Lawrence whether you can come and play a few tunes. There aren’t any sessions that I know about before Cygnet. Send me an email via this site and maybe we can arrange something. I’ll be at Cygnet all weekend. Am playing with the To’rags in the Saturday nite Irish Concert at the RSL, and taking a Bodhran workshop at the RSL on Sunday morning. Come and say hello anyway. Tall bodhran player with glasses and a goatee.

Jeremy

A tall, Aussie, Goatee’d Bodhran player?!!?
Sounds dodgy, I wouldn’t trust him as far as i could throw ‘m!!

(aaah bugger, just caught a glimpse of meself in the mirror…)

Up the vertically-gifted, facial-fluffy OzBodhran massive!.. Wish I was Cygneting myself this year…

Yeah Sirnose -I wouldnt trust anyone fitting that description either!

Posted by .

Beebs! sweet beebs…. you were muchly missed at the tune-fest this weekend at the Dan. Had too much liquid-tune-juice and waxed slightly over-lyrical about your self and your little-and-slightly-less-little men, to your poor bro. He was very understanding though, even when i changed tack and started slagging flamenco… (aaaahhh the regrets i had the next morning!)

PS, you should forget about this Illawarra b-llocks and come down for the Chewton/Newstead festy instead. WAAAAAAAaaay cooler (ie victorian), and we could get Cors into playing cricket at the Annual Chewton Cricket match! I’m a genius.

Chewtown does sound great - but we are chuffed just getting to the national this year!
PS - regarding our bet…..l’m going for my L’s next week -what about you🙂

Posted by .

yeah, um, er, i think you’ll be riding in a tram in melbs before i’m riding beind the wheel of ANYTHING.. But your Ls aint your Ps, so there could be a late surge (George bush styles) by the forces of SirNose.

And we are SOOOOOOO stoked your making a national appearance, 72 hours of non-stop tunes in the ol’ session bar should do the bub a world of good (not to mention the ceilis he’ll be dancing)!

he he… you said "Chewtown"

makes it sound like a mythical land where all your bubblegum dreams can come true.. 😉

Thats great then beano - guess me and cors and the baby will be coming down for a visit soon - with you paying!

Chewtown - hehe

Posted by .

SirNose that was brave of you to go slagging flamenco. I’m sure he gave as good as he got tho’. You know how Paddy likes the old diddley 😏

I’m planning on going to the Nash too, so let’s have tunes.

Not Cygnet tho’. I miss Tassie. It’s about time I went back there to visit my rellies.