dale russ "basic irish fiddle" video

dale russ "basic irish fiddle" video

I know people have mentioned this video before but I couldn’t find a good review of it. Does anyone have it and if so, what do they think? What tunes are covered? Thanks.

Posted by .

Re: dale russ "basic irish fiddle" video

i.e. ~ "Russ’ video is a thorough discussion/demonstration of the basics of Irish fiddling. He begins with fundamental left and right hand exercises, and then analyzes the jig form and suggests bowing and finger exercises designed to help master it. His instruction on grace notes and rolls in Irish fiddling is particularly helpful. He demonstrates the use of each technique in a tune, and then shows how all the elements are put together to create the final musical product." ~

I still do variations on the exercises in that video. And I just like his way of playing.

Dale will be on staff at Lark Camp this summer. If any of you fiddlers are interested in a week of participating in his workshops in the beautiful Mendocino coastal redwoods of Northern California you might want to register before it fills up.

http://www.LarkCamp.com

And another plug for Dale: He will be playing for the regular second Saturday contra dance in Olympia tomorrow, January 13 (well, its tomorrow here, anyway) with Dave Cory from Portland playing guitar. If you’re in the area, the dance is at the South Bay Grange, 3918 Sleater-Kinney Road NE, Olympia.

Great fiddler!!

Dale is a great dance fiddler… Hell let’s be rash ~ why not be open and controversial ~ I’ll avoid the word ‘better’, but I prefer Dale’s take on things fiddling than Kevin Burke’s, for just one comparison…