Mighty Music

Mighty Music

Hi all,

received this email from a friend just now and thought it might be of interest to exiles, like myself, and fellow sessioneers from overseas.

"Last night’s Geantrai TV program on TG4 was hosted by Noel Hill from a pub in Corofin in County Clare. There’s great playing by Noel and also some wonderful flute and fiddle playing by such players as Kevin Crawford, James Cullinane, Peadar O’Loghlin, Maeve Donnelly, and others. It’s fabulous music. A wonderful bonus is that at the beginning of the program, there’s a short clip of a very young Noel playing on a television program, and seated next to him, though not playing, is none other than Seamus Ennis, whom I assume was the host of that show. You can view it by going to this link: http://www.tg4.tv/ click on "Ceol - Cartlann" on the left hand side and select the "Geantraí - 9 /1/2007" program. It’s fantastic!But you better hurry, I don’t believe these shows are archived for more than a week."

I apologise if this ought to be posted on the "Links" section of the site but wished to share this with as many as possible asap.

Enjoy !

Re: Mighty Music

And, there’s a programme of Sarah Anne O’ Neill on that link too. What a wonderful woman ! Great to hear the Northern accents again and view the sights.

Re: Mighty Music

That Geantraí programme was fantastic. It was full of fantastic musicians and it was nice to hear Peadar O’Loughlain’s flute playing again since he admitted it was difficult these days with too much smoking and old age creeping in.

Re: Mighty Music

Glad you enjoyed PaddyC. Stay away from that Indie stuff 🙂

Re: Mighty Music

Ah, don’t worry Strathfoyle. I watch Geantraí on TG4 (lucky enough to live in Ireland) all the time. Trad music is 99% of my musical interested. The other 1% is mixed. I havn’t listened to any Indie music in a long time.

Re: Mighty Music

Gee I thought everybody knew about that !

I have had TG 4 Webcast on my computer since it started.

There’s a load of great shows there on the site if you are iwlling to poke about!

Re: Mighty Music

Uillean. News to me and I haven’t noticed a link on rhis site. I’ll defiitiely look at the site further later.

Re: Mighty Music

It’s a shame, Padraig O’Reilly is the only real Corofin man. The local Corofin musicians I personally know don’t appear…. Peadar O’Loughlin is great though.