How many young musicians are here?

How many young musicians are here?

I notice as I read these threads, that there are a lot of young people here (Including myself. Going to be 18 next month. whoo hoo!!!!). So how many of us young people (kids and young adults under 21) hang out here at the Session?

Sara

Re: How many young musicians are here?

i’m 17, but i don’t post on here that often, just read a lot of the posts!

Does being immature count?

"Does being immature count?"
No. lol 😛

Sara

I’m young, only 35.

Re: How many old codgers are here?

😎

Well my instrument is older than me, does that count?

Posted by .

Probably at least 33000.

I’m 19, that’s still reasonably young I reckon.

Sam

Posted by .

18! Going on 19 in Aprile.. Wheeeee!

Cheers,
Armand

I think this discussion should be deleted. If the younguns discover their strength, they might want to put some of us in musical "rest camps".

40 is the new 30.

60 is the new 40.

Stupid is the new clever.

I’m 17.

Posted by .

Ok ok… all you oldies get outa here and let the kids have their thread back.

i’m 14,is there anyone younger than me.

OK Jack I’m leaving…I just wanted to make sure they knew where the light switch is…I mean this place is a fire trap…and you know back in ‘68…oh, don’t worry.

I meet the young criteria, need to ask Mr Llig about the other bit.

ah, just turned 17. ewf.

—DtM

18 in april :D hehehehe and really looking for other young dudes to start a band with

I’m 15, be 16 in July.

Posted by .

I’m 23. Thought that was still young, but I guess I was wrong. Apparently once you can drink here in the States, you are already old. Bummer.

Posted by .

S.McMullen - you should have said. If it’s "dudes" you want to form a band with, go to Edinburgh, not Glasgow. 🙂

Posted by .

I’m nineteen for the third time.

Posted by .

do you mean, you’ve said you’re 19 three times or this is your third go at being 19? :-0

I am in my teens as well.

Posted by .

16yrs old me…

19 here.

20 as of January.

15…..BUT i PLAY LIKE i’M 30!

15 as of two weeks from now.

"But I play like I’m 30!"
That’s not saying much. There’s lots of 30 year-olds who can’t play for s**te. (Not looking at anyone in particular!)

I’m 17, and I play like it!

"There’s lots of 30 year-olds who can’t play for s**te."
Amen to that! lol 😛
This is really neat how many young people there arehere at the Session! 🙂 We shall rule and dominate! *maniacal laughter while twisting moustache*

Sara

Oh god not another one of these threads. Oo I’m 18, oo, I’m 15, well *I’m* 14, and *I’m* 19, blah blah blah so the feck what who cares how old you are, say something interesting about the music.

So, Dow, how old are you?
(Don’t worry, you don’t HAVE to answer….)

Dow- Zip it. I don’t mean to be rude, but we’re just a bunch of musicians here who just want to connect with others our own age. It feels good that you’re not the only one here admist a bunch of adults. To make you feel better, I’ll ask a music question.
How did you guys get interested in "the music"? Generally speaking, regular public schools or private teachers don’t usually use ITM as part of the lesson, I know there are many kids who would much rather listen to rock or pop than listen to ITM. As for me, my family bought some celtic CDs, and I fell in love with the music. Where I live, this kind of music is part of our culture, so there are some sort of workshops going on. I joined some of them, and my music teacher at the time would help me learn the pieces I had to memorize (he was also a big fan of the music too). It’s been my favorite style to play for about 7 years now. Okay, that’s my story. How about yours?

Sara

That’s great Sara, that you want to connect with other like-minded people of your own age, but how do you connect with someone by saying "hi I’m 17". Also, excuse me, what about us? What about people who aren’t teenagers? Why exclude them just on the basis of age? I’ve made contacts of all ages on this board through talking about the music, some of whom have become really good friends who I’m prepared to make an international call to and chat for 2 or 3 hours. My youngest friend on the board is just 6 months old and we talk every week. He can’t talk back yet but he still manages to dance to the music and say more interesting stuff that any of you teenagers ever could. Other friends are wrinkly and old but it doesn’t stop me from talking to them just because of their age. Just get over yourself. God, the youth of today. You watch far too much telly and play far too many video games, and the stupid slang you use really annoys me. Ok I’ll zip it now.

Dow- You have mail.

Dow… they’re giving away free beer on the how many oldies thread.

I’ve grown old, but I refuse to grow up….

Posted .

Awww, poor Dow, he’s feeling old…
Don’t worry, there’s always reincarnation to look forward to!!

That’s ok as long as I don’t come back as a Folkworks student.

You know you’re not young any more when you stop caring about how many other people are your age. I mean, the last thing that would ever cross my mind would be to start asking "how many people here are 42?" Yeah, cool, we’re 42, we rock!

Sorry, celtic lass, I don’t mean to make fun, but I guess I’ve grown old and jaded. I do remember when I was 17 and first fell in love with this music and it always seemed odd to me that I was one of the very few under-age people at the festivals and the concerts. Then again, I thought it was cool in a way, because I had the opportunity to talk to people with so much more experience than I had, and I learned a lot.

And don’t worry about Dow. You’ll feel the same way he does in about 30 years, you’ll see.

Wait a minute Sara - you can’t be as young as you say you are if you have a moustache…

I’m feeling really old. Although I remeber when I was a teenager and anyone who ever says things like "the Teenage years are the best years of your life" are lying….
We get to, Travel the world, drink, play until dawn whenever we feel like it and get paid loads of money to work wheras you have to go to school and all you get is homework.

Posted by .

OK, now Dow has blown it. The teenies were prepared to negotiate, but he’s pushed them over the edge. Its every geezer for him/herself.

I don’t care. I’ll sit down and play with, or discuss music with anyone. Their age is entirely irrelevant.

Posted by .

Too old to stand up, eh Kenny?

;)

Absolutely - but you can have my seat, Conan. Always willing to give it up to a piano-accordion player 🙂

Posted by .

Now that would make you popular with me but not with anyone else!

What I quite like about this site is the way old discussions resurface. If you didn’t have an opinion on a topic first time around, you certainly will by the fifth.

How many young people are here?

I’m nearly 13 and I just wanted to know how many young people are here? Thanks! 🙂

"Wait a minute Sara - you can’t be as young as you say you are if you have a moustache…"
Hardy har har… 😛
"OK, now Dow has blown it. The teenies were prepared to negotiate, but he’s pushed them over the edge. Its every geezer for him/herself."
ROFLMBO!
To all of you "geezers", I have absolutely no problem having friends that are a lot older than me. In fact, almost all my friends are older than me, and the few friends that I have that are my age don’t have a passion for "the music" like I do. So I was just trying to find others my age who enjoy the same music as I do. My apololgies if we were making you guys feel old. 😛

Sara

Hey Sara!

Im (just) 19- god i feel sooooo old!!!! Nah no1 my age seems to really have that much interest in ITM like me- my flute was referred to as a "recorder" the other day 🙁 (I think she was just trying to wind me up tho!) Yay so happy Im not on my own! oh and by the way- i think a moustache is the ultimate accessory for anyone interested in world domination lol.

Anyone in the Leicester area????

Roisin xx

Hello! I’m 20 !

Well till i read this i thought i was a young musician…….im 21 but i still feel young.

You are such a wrinkly, Eddie!

I’m 15

I’m 14