Ormiston waiting list

Ormiston waiting list

Hi,
I am thinking about buying an Ormiston flute but I am a bit afraid about the waiting time. In fact I don’t want to start learning flute in 6 years… I sent an email to George asking for the waiting time but I didn’t get a reply.

So I would like to know if someone bought one some time ago and what is the average waiting time ? These waiting lists are totally discouraging. I am so chomping at the bit and I know that I wont start learning flute untill 1 year at least…

Posted by .

Re: Ormiston waiting list

Look, Ralex, you can get an *unkeyed* flute with the year from a number of good makers. As i mentioned in a previous thread, i recommend Olwell. But there are others. In any case, the keys are for you now at best useless and at worst a hindrance. Keys will be usefull to you later when you can actually play the flute. By all means, put yourself on the waiting list for keyed flutes from a number of major makers. But order the keyless now so you can get going as soon as possible.

check with doc jones at "the irish flute store" http://www.irishflutestore.com/ he usually has a few nice flutes in stock and ready to ship, also great to deal with. don

Posted by .

Hi Ralex, I ordered my D flute (6 keyed) from George in May 2004, received it in November of the same year and have been very happy with it since then. George is a very nice peson to deal with, normally he responds to e-mails very fast. I now have a Bb flute on order (order placed in January), also 6 keyed, which is meant to be ready for me in December. The waiting time for a keyed flute seems to be about a year then.

I waited around 5-6 months for my 6 keyed flute (it was a few years ago), but I was talking to George in January and I would agree with myrddin’s waiting times.

George is fantastic to deal with, I would highly recommend his flutes I’ve had mine for about 7 years now and love it. Give him another shout, he’s normally on the ball so maybe he didn’t get your email?

Posted by .