Is any1 bringing their instrument 2 the gaeltacht????

Is any1 bringing their instrument 2 the gaeltacht????

is anybodyhere going ti the gaeltacht if so r ye bringin yer instrument???????????

Re: Is any1 bringing their instrument 2 the gaeltacht????

Which gaeltacht? When? Why does your message make "gaeltacht" sound like an event rather than one of several regions? Why are you pretending that you are writing a text message on a phone?

Gary, I think the text speak is trendy amongst young uns back in Ireland. My niece and her friends do so also. I think the gaeltacht in question is likely one of the Donegal regions, Rannafast, Gortahork, etc. Schools in the North send their students there over the Easter holidays and it is a popular social event also

I hope this puts you in the picture 🙂.

Why are so patronising Gary?
The Gaeltacht is a summer school that kids can go to.
Its not just in Donegal…Waterford, Galway, Cork, Donegal.
You get sent home if you are caught speaking english three times…Ha - memories.

Dont be too hard on Roisin ,Gary,she is probably a young person full of the joy and excitment of life.Don`t U remember?

Posted by .

Good for you Roisin, good name - same as my daughter.
No-one has answered her question yet!
BTW, you can now get Firefox as Gaeilge:
http://gaeilge.mozdev.org/

Roisin -
bain sult as an ngaeltacht cibe cen ait agus na lig an duine sin cur isteach ort!
ta n deiru 7ten anso! ag teacsail i ngaeilge

Tóg leat na h-uirlisí, a Róisín - níl siad ró-mor, agus b’fhearr iad a thógáil ná bheith ag >regretting< gur fhág tú sa bhaile iad.

I hope that means what I think it means!

Bain sult.
Fiach

Nope I ain’t going but I see you play the whistle which takes up very little space, so bring it and you can always whip it outa ur pocket if & when the mood takes ye. Have fun… 🙂

Posted .

n0

Going to the Gaeltacht is an EVENT. When you are not chasing after boys Roisin, it is indeed a good idea to bring instruments. That’s where I started playing, and many another one.

And I hope no-one feels the need to criticise my grammatically correct, perfect English.

word from da Monsta—-doncha b doggin da yungtstas, ya pedannik ole poopoohed! da kidz gonna rock da gaeltacht an good on em!!!

Róisín - I always brought my instruments to the Gaeltacht. And the chances are that some of the others on your course will too.

Bain sult as! 🙂

I’ll be going to Rosmuc Gaeltacht in August and will be bringing my instrument.

"The Gaeltacht is a summer school that kids can go to." Hugo- have you got a link for that?

"The Gaeltacht" is how Galltacht kids refer to the summer school in the Gaeltacht! 3 or 4 weeks of fun and frolics and learning Irish.
Good to see it’s spelled the same in txtspk.

Galltacht = not the Gaeltacht; place where Irish is not spoken.