Can I record music clips off the web using my Mac?

Can I record music clips off the web using my Mac?

Is it possible to play a clip - like from youtube for example, and while playing it record it to my Mac and then save as an MP3 so that I can put in on my iPod?

Re: Can I record music clips off the web using my Mac?

It’s easy if you have sound recording software like Audacity (free). You set your source to ‘what u hear’ and it will record anything that comes over your computer speakers. The Audacity bundle comes with an mp3 converter so you can export them to any device.

My soundcard has a built in sound recorder which does the same thing (Soundblaster Extigy) so you might take a look at yours to see if there are any recording capabilities.

Roger

I like Audio Hijack for this purpose. It’s an inexpensive commercial program from rogueameoba.com with many cool features. Available for Mac only.

Thanks for the tip on Audio Hijack - I just got it and it seem to work really well. I just grabbed Matt Molloy playing Bucks of Oranmore - now I’ll just drop into the Amzing Slow Downer and check out what he’s doing a bit slower - what a great version!

Is there also a way to record the video too (from youtube), so i can watch it later on my video ipod?