So, I started a new website…

So, I started a new website…

I started a website where I am offering a tune transcription service. I put it on the links page here and have had some hits. Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried anything like this, as in offering a tune transcribing service.

Re: So, I started a new website…

er does this ..er …cost?

Anna, are you aware that the links on your bio do NOT work?

Thanks Ptarmigan, don’t know what happened there but I fixed the error in the addresses.
bazouki_Dave, I have it set up with a paypal account and I charge $3 for one tune.

Do you actually learn those tunes by ear or cheat using computer programs?

Posted by .

I learn them by ear. I often slow them down a bit with windows media player, but that’s it. I’m a real geek and I love doing this, hahaha.

tut tut a gentleman should not ask a lady such questions !😉

Trust me, I’m no gentleman.

Posted by .

nice site, and great list of tunes, there’s a bunch to learn. don

Posted by .

I don’t care. The next time someone posts the question, “I have a great recording of such and such a tune and think it’s brilliant, I’d love to learn it. Does anyone have the dots?”, I’m still gonna answer, “You have the recording, learn it off that. It’ll do you good.”

Posted .

But llig….just think of us poor starving musicians trying to figure a way to make enough money to buy groceries…hehe

Anna

There’s encouragement for you and your clients wanting sheetmusic from you in this person’s comments in https://thesession.org/tunes/852

Thats brilliant Mark, well done
Thanks for writing this out in the abc thing.
It took me ages to learn it of the CD and then write it down.
For anyone else who wants to learn it, don’t give up, it’s worth it.
Just play along with the CD, and the dots should help.
# Posted on July 24th 2002 by llig leahcim

Posted by .

ha ha , yeah. But didn’t dow say it was all wrong?

Posted .

“…Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried anything like this, as in offering a tune transcribing service.”

I just love transcribing, one of the best hobbies there is.

The great mandolin and guitar player John McGann advertises transcription service too:

http://www.johnmcgann.com

Posted by .

“…Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried anything like this, as in offering a tune transcribing service”

Well done! I do it too, for flute.. and same reason, groceries and bills. but have no web setup like yours, nice job. - Lesl

Posted by .