Suggestions wanted!

Suggestions wanted!

Hiya
I got bored this evening, so i decided to record myself playing Black Pat’s and another tune, which i couldn’t find the name of after a quick search.

anyone have any ideas for something interesting i could do with it? seems a bit boring to me.

Its the first track on here:

http://www.myspace.com/seanmclery

Posted by .

Re: Suggestions wanted!

What’s not to like? Nice pace, clean playing, I liked it!

Sounds great to me. No Bodhran, though?

Sean,

Very nice work. I really enjoy your fiddle and banjo playing. If you want to do something different, I would think about would be starting with solo banjo first time through, add the fiddle on the second time, and then add some guitar the third time through. It seems to have a momentum that could build, and I hear some nice guitar work in my head as I listen to this. Gotta be good stuff, not just strumming of course.

I’m no expert, so take it for what it’s worth.

That’s the problem with you young people, easily bored. Cambridge Folk Festival, fame and fortune, still bored.๐Ÿ˜‰

Try listening to Horslips if you want something different.

Nice playing Sean, I know the second tune as The Mystery Reel.

Don’t get into w@nky arrangements just for the sake of it. Enjoy the tune for what it is. If you get bored of it, learn a new tune.

great playing!.

if I were you i’d add some Electro Beats though.
;)

nice stuff sean!! but i am with Dow on this one ๐Ÿ™‚ you play it awesome i dont think there is any need to "jazz"it up, work on different ways of ornamentation or variations if you want ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted .

electro beats??? what a load of rot! a good way of stuffing a tune! i HATE this roots and fusion crap thats going on with irish music!!

Posted .