Book Info

Book Info

I have a copy of a copy of a fiddle tune book. It is missing all information about the title of the book, publisher, etc. I am wondering if anyone on here has an original copy of this book and could give me some info. Here is what I know:
It is a book from Cape Breton, I got my copy in 1991 and I’m pretty sure it was already out of print at that time. It has 86 tunes in it. The first few tunes are:
1. Christy Campbell
2. Duncan’s trip to the coal mines
3. Ca’ the Wethers to the Hill

I’d appreciate any info anyone might have. Thanks.

Re: Book Info

A quick Google suggests it might(?) be

Dunlay & Reich (Traditional Celtic Fiddle Music of Cape Breton), 1986;

The above 3 tunes are listed as appearing on page 29/30.

But sadly, aside from it being out of print at the moment, it doesn’t start with these three as first few… I don’t have the full libary here but so far I haven’t found one that begins with the three tunes given… Did you give Paul a ring? I’m curious too, so do let us know if you find out… The Beaton’s produced two books if my memory is working right. There was also a small collection put together ages back by someone in New Hampshire? I will keep looking as time allows…

What is the page size, that might help, for example the Kate Dunlay / David Reich publication was a smaller format than usual, as is the later collection by Kate Dunlay & David Greenberg, though larger than the earlier one…

I’ll give Paul a shout, he’s helped me out before. I just thought I might find some quick info here. I had suspicions that it may be related to the Dungreen collection (which is now also out of print) because a lot of the tunes are in both books with very similar notation.
I think you are right, it is probably the Dunlay/Reich collection, the tunes I mentioned are on page 29/30, I have no pages before that. My book starts on page 29.
I don’t know about the size of the original book though, the pages I have must have been expanded if that’s the case. It seems like a normal size book. Anyhow, I’ll let you kno what I find out. Thanks for the insight.

That’s Dunlay & Reich’s book, the first three tunes are exactly as you list.