For Everyone

For Everyone

A ditty for smiles (hopefully *blush*) : "Don’t ya be a grumpy, when the road gets bumpy, just smile, smile, smile and be happy!"

Even though I have made more mistakes on this site than beneficial comments, etc., I want to say that all of you are wonderful people….the people who have been insulting to you, etc., are not worth the effort…..just keep playing, and smile, smile, smile and be happy!

Blu ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. yes, I know that is not too realistic, but hey, I just wanted to make sure everything was fine between everyone here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: For Everyone

Thanks Blu ;)
This is probably the only discussion forum where people can rant and rave and vent (mostly me!) and still come up smiling instead of smarting.
Apologies and kisses to all.
MAKE MUSIC NOT WAR!
May your reeds never split, your strings never rust, your hairs stay in, your fipples remain unclogged, your spoons never tarnish, your skins remain taught and your picks be where you left them.
Peace.

What? Spoons never to tarnish? Gosh. I dunno. *grin*

Spoons

"Friends don’t let friends play spoons!"

I’m glad someone took their Zoloft today. :-|

Posted by .

Zoloft

Before —> :-|
After —> ๐Ÿ™‚

Glauber, is that a prescription for the previous post?

Posted .

What? Picks where you left them, never! As a fiddler I’m always forgetting where I left my rosin. What about you?

Well, the other night, leaving the pub around 11:30 pm, one of my cohorts forgot her *fiddle*!!! She had her case, but nothing inside it. The barkeep was good enough to yell after us about the fiddle laying on the table still…

Posted .

LOL — now *that* takes the cake…

Rosin, yes, I’m always losing it or stepping on it or otherwise destroying it. God help me if I ever take up the whistle, I’ll probably be buying new ones every week.

Picks — around this house, they’re like those proverbial socks in sitcoms on the TV.

"Honey, do you know where my picks went?"

"Look on top of the microwave!"

At a session a few weeks ago, I grabbed my harp tuning key to tune up the fiddle! I had it right up to the pegs before I realized what was wrong!! :D ๐Ÿ™‚ Who needs Zoloft when you can laugh at yourself!!

Posted by .

Where can I get this Zoloft?!

Hey, Will,
What was that fiddle-player drinking ?

Posted by .

Zoloft

You can get it from your friendly neighborhood psychiatrist, when he’s not too busy prescribing Xanax or Prozac.

Better living through chemistry! ๐Ÿ™‚

No seriously, best not to make fun of this, some of these drugs have helped people a whole lot.

Re: For Getting

I forgot my harp once at a gig in Toronto. I didn’t realize I’d forgotten in until the next day, but (whew!) it was still backstage. That was maybe only the second time I took it to a gig and I’m in the habit of going to and from gigs with a guitar in one hand, a fiddle in the other, and a bodhran slung over my shoulder. I sure FELT like I had everything…

My spoons, however, I’ve managed to hang on to for several years because I never even take them out of the bag!

Picks

A pick has just materialized in my house. Brownish triangular thing, i think it’s a Gibson. I wonder if it’s one of Zina’s.

No, they tend to spontaneously spawn and then self-combust. Usually when you don’t need them, they’re there and then when you do need them, poof, like smoke.

Maybe, like the biro pens in The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, they quietly slip through wormholes in the fabric of the space-time continuum and find their way to planets solely inhabited by pickoid life-forms……

There’s certainly some kind of astrophysical phemonenon surrounding picks. You can be standing in the middle of an empty room with a hardwood floor and drop a pick at your feet, and *you’ll never find it again*, even after hours of intense searching.

But I never run out of picks, because it seems that new ones, ones I’ve never seen before, are always materializing in odd places in my house (I can almost believe that they belonged to some poor guy on the other side of the world who dropped them in the middle of his empty floor).

For you Terry Pratchett fans (Zina), I seem to remember that in one of his books he put forth the idea that matter *is* spontaneously created in the universe, but it materializes in the form of paperclips, so no one notices. Apply this theory to plectrums and maybe you’ve got something.

Posted by .

I saw a really cool electric blues guitarist once, (playing with Howling Wilf, in London), and when on occasion he switched to finger-picking, he would stick his plectrum on his forehead. I guess you need to be quite sweaty for it to work…

Perhaps you could just glue one to your brow daily, like an Indian bindi.

Posted by .

But the you’d be in danger of your entire head dematerializing and reappearing around the globe! (that’d be something to find on top of the microwave, wouldn’t it?)

Posted by .

Ooh yes, I hadn’t thought of the dangers… best just to keep them randomly distributed around your home, I think.

Went to see Tony MacMahon & Steve Cooney at the Ennis Tradfest, and on the pavement outside we met Steve Cooney frantically patting his pockets. He asked if any of us had a plectrum he could use - so one of my companions had the honour of providing him with one for the concert. I think if it was me, I might have asked for it back afterwards so I could frame it, but then that wouldn’t be very cool.. still, I’m *not* very cool! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted by .

Howling Wilf?

Helen, Howling Wilf? - is this in the same vein as Attila the Stockbroker & Conan the Librarian?

Yep, same kind of gag! He now performs under his own name, which is James something, I think. He looks a bit like Will Carling… and now I come to remember it, the plectrum guy looked a bit like Jimmy Nail. Apologies to him if he should read this..!

Posted by .

LOL — way to run with it, guys…heh. I needed the laugh this morning… ๐Ÿ™‚

Ah, good. The joy has been spread (which was the initial purpose for this thread, I believe).

Another victory for Tenuously ITM-Related Humor!

Posted by .