Seamus Ennis

Seamus Ennis

Seamus Ennis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLe9etQ0iwQ

I’ve got one of his albums,but I never thought that I’d ever see him playing.Isn’t You Tube wonderful?Just lookat his hands,his fingers are just as long and spidery as Robert Johnson’s or Jimi Hendrix’s.

Re: Seamus Ennis

Great stuff - but he’s playing a tune he learned from a manuscript, it’s not even traditional, what would llig think?!

I saw him playing in the sixties at Darlington Folk Workshop when he was on tour. It was a really warm night and he had trouble keeping his pipes in tune.

"…he’s playing a tune he learned from a manuscript…"

Yeah, but it was his father’s manuscript. Mr. Ennis senior was proably too humble to teach his own tune to his son, so it remained on paper until Seamus dicovered it and honoured his father’s memory by playing it on YouTube.

It’s a cracking tune - and hardly anyone plays it.

I preffer the slow air………brings a tear to my eye

they are launching a new book by Pat Mitchel - The Dance Music of Seamus Ennis at Na Píobairí Uilleann this Friday 25th at 7pm. They used to say Ennis never played for dancers!

great videos mate

Posted by .

What does it matter if he learned from a manuscript or not - or whether it’s ‘traditional’ or not. The man’s playing his father’s tune from his heart - a tune that his father was glad to hear him play. As the second tune on YouTube is entitled: Seamus Ennis, god of Uilleann pipes. We are very fortunate to see and hear him playing.