78s online - finally!

78s online - finally!

After a couple false starts I’ve found a home for my dubs of 78s - the Internet Archive, http://www.archive.org/. Am starting with pipers, search for "uilleann" and you’ll see what I’ve done to date. I’m keeping a daily log of what I’ve added at the Chiff and Fipple Uilleann Pipes Forum, too, it’s a "Sticky" topic at the top, "78 RPM recordings available online." Will proceed to fiddling, then fluting. I’ll be throwing in most anything that isn’t commercially available at the moment, lots of sides that have never been reissued too.
Enjoy!

Posted by .

Re: 78s online - finally!

Wow, that’s great—thanks for sharing. :)

Some of them do seem to be labeled incorrectly, though… for instance I tried to listen to Phil Martin play The Cup of Tea and The Flogging reel, but the track was a set of hornpipes.

Great stuff …thanks
;-)

That is awesome! Can’t wait to check out the fiddle stuff when you get to it.

Thanks. This is what the internet is really useful for, makes up for all the crap.

Brilliant Kevin, much appreciated that you make the effort. Little mistakes can always be cleared up later, hopefully. All ear candy is welcome! 8-)

Ear candy.. lol.. i love it.

Nice job Kevin, fair play to you. As the amstel ad says…"this is gonna be great!"

Have you ever tasted Amstel?