Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Hey Everyone!!!,

I think the only thing I’m good at here is Holiday updates…..so, happy Valentine’s Day, or as I think of it…..*Happy Singles Awareness Week* 🙂

Okay, bring on the jokes, stories, random comments, medicine suggestions for the common Hallmark Headache, etc.!!!

You’re all wonderful!!!!!! 🙂
Karen (Blu)

Re: Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Karen, I don’t know how to say this but I………. I think I love you!
Let’s get married and leave all this behind. *sigh*

;

Hey Con

I’m led to believe St. Valentine was an early Italian saint, a Roman priest martyred in about AD 269 and is regarded as the patron saint of lovers (as we all know); Valentines allegedly first appeared in the C18 as cards with drawings and verses made up by the sender. Rather more of a noble deed than getting one for a couple of quid from WH Smith’s to send to the burd or the missus.

O to have an ounce of the talent of the US-based box-player Martin Mulhaire, who wrote as a dedication to, and named after his wife, the beautiful reel Carmel Mahoney Mulhaire.

This year is the first year in xxxx years myself and the Good Lady decided not to bother reciprocating with the aforementioned ritual. She’s more in love these days with Fergus, a very handsome, good natured boy she gave birth to 4 months ago!

So who does he take after, Danny?

Good question, Miles.

Mark, on my keyboard it’s just Ctrl+Alt+any vowel. However, you might want to try looking in your "character map" tool under "accessories" if you’re using windows. It’s usually a combination of Alt + a number combination on your numeric keypad. Make sure you’ve got NumLock switched on!

Mark, I’m on a Mac, so making the accent marks is option E, then release and hit whatever vowel. Option N makes

Posted by .

Con

I was going to wait until someone said that *giggle*

love ya Zina!

Karen

I had a wretched V day, probably along the lines of Kerri’s recent heartache….

I actually sat home & watched the full 6 hour DVD of BBC’s Pride & Prejudice which put me in mind to possibly write a few tunes, including the ‘ISO Mr Darcy with a Fiddle’ slipjig, the ‘Pack All His Stuff for the Morning Post’ reel (followed of course by ‘Haste to the Post Office’), ‘Lament for the Wee-Hearted Rake,’ etc.

Sorry Andee, I won’t be coming to Philadelphia after all this week-end, I’ve changed my destination to… the Bahamas! Hopefully nothing a coconut full of liqueur & some white expanse of beach can’t fix….

Tunes to learn this week:
Pull the Knife & Stick it Again
The Clumsy Lover
Humours of Whiskey

Don’t forget Kerri’s tune, The Cheating Bastard, Emily. It’s in the database. Sorry to hear about the V Day Fiasco. Cheer up, yer probably better off without. 🙂

Zina

Och aye, Zina, I’m much obliged, thanks. 🙂

Emily—So sorry!! I was looking foreward to meeting you. Darn. Maybe some other time. Have a great time in the Bahamas!

Posted by .

Don’t worry Andee, hopefully I’ll be back on the East Coast in a year or so, then you won’t be able to get rid of me. 🙂

R

Karen, Zina, sorry I didn’t realise! I will behave myself in future.

Con

It’s cool…..probably the closest I’d ever get to having a *special one* in my life anyway *ha ha ha*…..*hehehe*……flattered, and a wee bit too young, but I think Zina’s the gal for you! 🙂…though, I do remember a bit back, a post having to do with Zina and a guy and the marrying of their instruments, or something like that (please correct me if I’m wrong)…..so, Conan, keep trying! hehe 🙂

Joining in a little late here, but a belated happy V.D. to all. 🙂

Actually, Con

Zinan you’re right about that older woman thing - I find I can talk to my granny for hours! Actually, I only have two criteria for my prospective girlfriends: that they play a musical instrument (pref. fiddle or concertina) and that they have a pulse.

Con

Errrr

…. but I supose the first consideration requires the second….

well, you could have a relationship with a violin, doesn’t need a pulse……and well, I won’t go there, I *shudder* to think. lol

Conan, is it because some younger women, like where I live, are waaaaay too skinny, do not have a working brain cell in their head, and are blond???

…….but I suppose the first consideration requires the second….. *grin* 🙂 lol

Well a violin is broadly the right shape!

This is probably a cue for all kinds of smutty analogies so maybe a change of subject is in order ;

i should say (sorry kerri if this is top-secret) that I believe my good friend kerri will be in Ireland in July.

T.B.D.