What’s this tune?

What’s this tune?

Hi all

This is a tune I learned from Liz Carroll in October last year- on the recording of her playing I can’t make out the name she says.
It was originally supposed to be the last tune on her LP from 1988 (following Western Reel & Road to Recovery) but for some reason she decided against it.
A search didn’t find me anything, though I may have missed it. Here’s the notes:

Not entirely sure what key you’d say it is in.. some kind of Emin with a few accidentals for the first part.

Emin
||: E2GE FDED | ~B,3^C DEFD | G2BG AFDF | GBFG EDBe | ~E3F GBe^c | d2Ac BGAF | G~E3 AFDF | FEB,^C DEFD :|
Gmix
|: G,2DG, EG,DG, | DG, (3G,G,G, D~G3 | G,2gG FG,DE | F2CF A,B,CD | GG,B,D FCDF | GG,B,D cABG | (3ABc BG F2GF | D~G3 DG,B,D :||

I think I have keys right~ I know next to nothing about modes.

Here’s also a recording of me playing it

http://public.box.net/sclery11913

I apologise that the recording is in a different key~ I tuned my fiddle down, I think it sounds a bit nicer down lower.

Any help in finding the name is appreciated 🙂

Sean

Posted by .

Re: What’s this tune?

It doesn’t seem to want to load!

sounds great to me - but I’ve no idea what it’s called! Don’t think I ever heard it before either. Great playing.

Posted by .

Wait - I have managed to download it by right clicking and selecting "download" and then "open".

Just listening to it now - no idea what the tune is called but it is nice playing. Well done.

You should try submitting it onto this website as "Gan Ainm", with a link to you playing it, or something. Then we’d all have the tune, and you never know, somebody out there might have its name.