campsite for Willy clancy??

campsite for Willy clancy??

Does anyone know f there’s a handy campsite for the Willy Clancy Summer School??

Re: campsite for Willy clancy??

There’s a campsite you pay for at Spanish Point campsite (opposite the post office in Spanish Point) and free camping at the beach of Spanish Point.

The free camping at the beech has a bit of a bad reputation with stories of some campers having tents ripped and van windows smashed by a few people on the rampage.

The official Spanish Point campsite hasn’t had any trouble, at least for the last couple of years I was there.

Willie🙂

There’s also a campsite pretty much in Miltown (or was when I was there last about 4 years ago). It really depends where your classes will be held, if you have transport etc.

What we did last time was ask a local farmer if we could use his field - he let us and wouldn’t accept any payment at all. Needless to say we looked after him in the beverage department at the end of our visit! 🙂

Posted by .

“stories of some campers having tents ripped…. by a few people on the rampage.”

…not to mention battered by adverse weather.

“stories of some campers having tents…by a few people on the rampage”!! Sounds like the fleadh in Listowel a few years ago!!
Think that i might try the site in Miltown…wouldn’t mind a few beverages in the evening.
thanks for the suggestions.

I have a tight dry shed twelve miles from MM. People are welcome to use it. No furnishing so you’ll need a sleeping back. We have pillows enough to lend you. Water is just outside. No facilities except a solid fuel stove and a one burner gas camping cooker. The fee will be €25 for the week and I only charge so that I can buy a chemical toilet for the place. I’ll put a big bucket inside for big stuff and take care of emptying it, and a jug for pee. Primitive but totally safe during the day. Lockable if you wish but we are in a farming community, very private and the farmer down the lane keeps a sharp eye on who goes in and out. We can organize sessions at the local one mile down the road. For pictures and details write me at cocusflute@yahoodotspamcom.

cheers for that cocusflute.looks like i’ll only be able to swing down for a weekend…the man likes to keep the work done…so hence no flights of fancy to Milltown.say i’ll be back of the van stylee for the night or two.