ITM ignorance is bliss

hi again all,
sorry but what does ITM stand for?
cheers,
evan.

"ignorance is not a transitory state of mind, its a lifestyle"

Posted by .

Re: ITM ignorance is bliss

In a stressful era where so many dark concepts lurk behind three seemingly innocent initials, ie. WMD, TIA, CIA, PLO…
I seek comfort in Irish Traditional Music.

Peace,
Gra5ity

Irish Traditional Music. Just a shorthand, really. Most of us would not use the abbreviation in a conversation. I like how Dom (sorry can’t spell the rest of your name without it in front of me, Dom!) just says, The Music, instead of using ITM.

Posted by .

Thanks Andee - nice that we agree on that one. Domhniaill is merely a gaelicised version of my much more prosaic name. Pretentious, eh? Ah’m jist a geezer fae Glesga. I had suggested some other acronyms on a recent string:

https://thesession.org/discussions/1400

Danny

This all reminds me of a psychology lecture I was once at. The lecturer was scribbling on the board and rattling away in psychologish when one vexed student interrupted and asked "Excuse me, but what is that DFB you’ve just mentioned?". The tutor immediately retorted "It’s a TLA!"

The student took a deep breath, realising he’d never payed attention to something called TLA and its apparent subgroup, the DFB, and he’d now revealed his hideous ignorance..

"And what is a TLA?" he said, shoulders sagging.

The tutor turned to the board and wrote "Three Letter Abbreviation"

This is the truth.

Literary revision…

"And what is TLA?" works better than "And what is a TLA?" in this little memoirette, I think. Sorry!

aka "trad" in Ireland.

I like term’The Music’ too, instead of ITM. It’s just even before I’d heard of Irish music being called ITM, people I knew called ALL trad music The Music. This might cause confusion, so maybe ITM is more specific. It’s better than the awful term ‘diddly music’ anyway.

EV, it’s obvious:

I gnorance is not a T ransitory state of M ind.