Setting up a Music Myspace

Setting up a Music Myspace

Recently I have noticed that a few members have set up a music page on on myspace. My friends have also done this and i am the odd one out at the moment.

I just wanted ask how to do you set up a music/artists account - it’s probably really easy but i cannot work out hat to do.

Cheers,

Sam;

Re: Setting up a Music Myspace

Sam If you log on to myspace there is a step by step guide for setting up. If I could do it anyone can. You start off with a basic set up and you can add to it with time.
best of luck
eddie

Posted by .

Log on to Myspace, click music on the toolbar along the top, then artist signup.
Have fun!

I v ‘e just discovered a web site called Splashcast which is similar to myspace . . trying to upload some of my songs/pictures/videos right now but is not that easy !

cheers everyone - i can’t believe i missed that.

it must be my eyes - I need to go to the opticians soon anyway!

Sorry, just one more question -

what did you (who have a myspace) rcord your playing with? anything reasonably cheap but gives good sound quality?

cheers,

Sam

>what did you (who have a myspace) rcord your playing with? anything reasonably cheap but gives good sound quality?

Most of the tracks I put up on Myspace were recorded using Audacity on a desktop computer. The others were done on MP3 recorders, one of them a "portable" (with the direct plug-in to the computer), the other a more higher-end model.
You can judge for yourself as regards the quality, but in general I’m pretty pleased and others who’ve listened to the recordings have been similarly impressed.

By the way, for what it’s worth, my Myspace Music page has (so far) helped me land two gigs. I’d recently sent inquiries to a couple of coffeehouses about applying, and the organizers said "No need to send a CD — I liked what I heard on your Myspace."

Posted by .