Anyone willing to help set up Tara benefit gig in Limerick??

Anyone willing to help set up Tara benefit gig in Limerick??

Hi All

A friend and I are trying to set up a Limerick event to fit in with the other events happening around Ireland on the 29th of September for the campaign to save the Hill of Tara.

We are having trouble finding a venue at the moment…I am in England but will hopefully be in Limerick in a couple of weeks, and she will be there from the 16th. However if we have any chance of getting something set up (we already have a number of excellent musicians offered to play) we really need to find a venue as soon as possible.

If anyone has any ideas please email me - lizzydoe@gmail.com

Also if you’re in Limerick and would be interested in getting involved, get in touch - perhaps you could be on the look out for a suitable venue for this hypothetical gig!! It’s rather late notice but the cause is an extremely important and timely one…

All the very best

Hope to hear from ye soon

Lizzy xx

Posted by .

Re: Anyone willing to help set up Tara benefit gig in Limerick??

I don’t know the full details but wasn’t there a report in the Irish Independent last week that the EU Commission is threatening almighty financial retribution if the proposed motorway goes through Tara? That sounds like things could be looking up for the supporters of the campaign.

Erm….sorry to be stating the obvious, but would it be possible to have this benefit gig *on* the Hill of Tara, or is that just dumb?
Could someone give us more details about the whole issue please? It’s the first I’ve heard about it.

I doubt that would be possible, as the area is a delicate archaeological site currently under attack from construction workers. Also, this is the Limerick branch of the campaign.

On the 29th of September there will be simultaneous benefit events all round Ireland (and a few further afield) to raise the profile of the campaign to save the Hill of Tara from the M3 motorway, which is proposed to be routed straight through the Tara/Skyrne valley.

I wrote a short and informal article on the illegal, immoral destruction that has already taken place -
http://raggletagglegypsy.blogspot.com/

But for more info on the campaign, here are a few links:

www.savetara.com/
www.tarawatch.org
www.myspace.com/hilloftara
www.tarapixie.net/
www.myspace.com/teamhair
www.hilloftara.info/
www.myspace.com/summersolsticetara

Posted by .