Incredibow problem

Incredibow problem

Has anyone who has an incredibow had the problem of the rubber covering on the frog starting to deteriorate where the fingers and thumb are in constant contact with the frog?

I have had to use insulating tape to keep the rubber around the frog together vaguely in one piece and this now alters the feel of the frog completely (good excuse when those rolls don’t quite work 🙂 )

Any comments, advice etc? Other than buy a new one.

Re: Incredibow problem

One of our fiddlers habitually holds his Incredibow 1/3 of the way up the stick - a sight worth seeing - so no problem.

Hi Geoff,

Is this one you bought from us at the Bunkfest a while back? I know Ed normally guarantees the hair and stick for three years, but not the frog - I think they have different experiences with this depending on how people use it. You might like to send a photo of it to Ed to see what he has to say - you can contact him at http://www.incredibow.com -

The rubber dip stuff looks great - I wonder if you can buy it in the UK? It’s always the case that all these interesting things only seem to be available in the US!!

But let us know if we can help with the bow

Mark

The rubber dip stuff is great. It seems to hold up real well, and looks like it might be similar to what they used on the bows originally. You can "paint" in onto stuff, although, dipping seems to work best in my experience.

Don’t know about availability in the UK, but in the US, just about any hardware store carries the stuff.

Pete

That rubber dip stuff is great for tool handles and plectrum grips, but you need to do large batch jobs, ‘cause the shelf life is fairly short. You can wind up with a can three-quarters full of useless solid rubber.

…short shelf life *after* you open it.

Can anyone think of an appropriate musical use for a half can of rubber dip (solid or otherwise)?

I haven’t had a problem with mine and I play 1-2 hours a day - keep that rubber dip on hand in case it’s a problem to come - or is this a one-off faulty bow?

>Can anyone think of an appropriate musical use for a half can of rubber dip (solid or otherwise)?

I’m sure spoons could be dipped into it to mute them. Or, using a syringe, it would fill several shakey eggs quite nicely.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Yes Mark, it is the one I bought from you.

I’m using my very expensive German bow at present and it’s not as good as the incredibow so the rubber dip solution seems like the best plan. Pronto.

Cheers