NY/NJ Trad Musicians Sought!

NY/NJ Trad Musicians Sought!

Hello all,

There’s a band forming and we need musicians. Currently it’s just me (guitar , fiddle & vocals) and a friend (harp, vocals, bodhran). We’re looking for a fiddler who can double on guitar (I’ll be mainly playing guitar in this project but I want to stretch out & play fiddle on a couple of tunes). If you sing, so much the better. Any whistlers/uillean pipers out there would also be welcome. We have the prospect of PAYING GIGS before too long once we have a couple of sets together (harpist has connections).

Now for the geography: I’m in Passaic County, NJ and the harpist lives in Brooklyn, NY. So you should be within reasonable travelling distance and have your own transportation. You should also be tolerant of people who practice non-mainstream religions (just don’t be a rabid fundamentalist of any sort and we should all get along fine). Some tunes we’ll be doing: The Butterfly, Fig for a Kiss, Morrison’s Jig, Brian Boru’s March, Paddy on the Turnpike, The Sally Gardens, and more. Some songs: Kilkelly, Maid on the Shore, Star of the County Down, Raggle-Taggle Gypsies, The Stolen Child (Loreena McKennitt) and others.

If interested, respond here or to jeffk627@hotmail.com (this address created specifically for this purpose).

Hope to hear from some of ya!

Jeff