Help !

Help !

Hi was wondering if anyone can help, i’ve tried to submit a tune in abc format ,only to get a message saying [That doesn’t look like ABC notation ] i’ve read the instructions to the best of my abilities , ie to use spaces and vertical lines and the rest ,but its having none off it ,so if anyone can help me and let me know what i might be doing wrong i’d be much obliged . Thankyou

PS great site

Posted by .

Re: HELP !

Silas, several of us here regularly troubleshoot abcs for folks. Click on my screen name and send me your abcs in an email. I’ll help you sort them out if I can.

Posted .

Silas,

Either post your ABC in this thread or e-mail it to me (click on my user name to contact me) and I’ll see if there’s anything obviously wrong. I’ve submitted a couple of tunes in the past with no issues, so I suspect it’s something easy to spot…

Says he, setting himself up for a fall! 😉
Eno

thanks that was quick ,ill write them out again when i get chance and email them, im sure its something silly im doing wrong. thanks again

Posted by .

Turns out the tune i was trying to upload is already here under the name
[dick gossip] aka the castle, so i’ll wait till ive something worth submitting before i try again. cheers for now

Posted by .

Silas, with over 7,000 tune submissions (including duplications), the archives here are hard to stump. Good on you for finding the tune before posting a duplication of it. And you can always email some other members here for help in determining whether a tune is already in the archives.

Posted .