ITM Anonymous

ITM Anonymous

I see from a search that this type of thing has been talked about before, but I need some help.

I’m spending all possible time, energy and resources playing practicing tunes, working on perfecting my rolls, finding new tunes, listening to cd’s, surfing the web for wooden flutes and free recordings, reading and studying thesession/chiff&fipple et al., buying instruments I can’t really afford, going to sessions, bringing at least a whistle with me whenever I go out, booking lessons I don’t have time for.

When I am supposed to be working at my home office, I suddenly find myself playing a tune (well, I hadn’t worked enough on my reels; hey, a cut would work great there; I need to learn both B parts to St Anne’s; oh, I just have to put in some slow practice on those tunes; what was that tune I’ve been listening to over and over and over again on that latest CD?). Woops, I’ll probably be missing that deadline…

Am I doomed? I can’t stop and can’t say I want to stop or even cut back…

Re: ITM Anonymous

doomed? hardly, you sound blessed!

Yes, you are doomed. You will become a penniless musician.

Not really. Get to work. Why are you posting here when you have work to do? :P

Screetch,

It’s already too late for me--I’ve always been nearly penniless and nearly a musician. Oh yes, work, work , work…

Remember .. just for today you have to stay away from that first fiddle!. Oh .. and attend 90 sessions in 90 days.

D

Hi, my name is nofrets and I’m a fiddleholic.

I know exactly how you feel. When I catch myself working at home, I take way too many fiddle breaks and have to really discipline myself to stay on task.

This stuff IS addictive, and when you start late and life, you want to do everything you can to catch up.

Oh piglets!!! You mean I haven’t caught up?

D

Me (haltingly): Hi, My name is Drone… and i’m a tuneaholic…

Everybody (buoyantly): Hi! Hey! Hello! Gidday! Wuzzup?! Drone!

Me (aimlessly): So… i figured i had a problem…I likes the tunes, and plays ‘em, and thinks about ’em all the time..

Everybody (enthusiastically): Nah! What?! crap! Wake up! Never! Are yeh takin‘ the p*ss, or w’a?!

Me: Well, I guess that’s ok then.

Everybody: Too right! What a waster! Off with yeh, then! G’night!

Posted by .

Dr. drone spot on with the flawless psychoanalysis, fair play sir.

There’s yer answer InSearchOf, yer just fine, carry on.

Will you sad junkies stop aiding and abetting this poor person-don’t you have homes to go to? 🙂

InSearchofCraic, your admission could be mine if only I had the chance to work from home…

I’ve the same problem, I could be talking to someone and a tune will pop into my head and for the whole day until i get home it will stay there and I will here it over and over and over unitl i play it when i get home!! Its like an addiction.

same. I just don’t regard it as a problem. :]

Posted by .