Trad Xmas Pressies

Trad Xmas Pressies

‘Tis the season to spend money, tra la la bleedin’ laaaa,
I’m looking for a whistle bag, a roll up one that can hold a low whistle, flute parts and a couple of whistles (if such a thing exists), my searches so far have proved fruitless, can anyone direct me anywhere?
Also, to make the thread worthwhile, any more ideas for ITM minded stocking fillers?
I’ll start it off with ‘Grace Notes and Bad Thoughts’ by John Kelly (if it’s still in print) or a nice Planxty DVD ……

Re: Trad Xmas Pressies

“Horslips”, “The Return of the Dancehall Sweethearts”, a double DVD for £20. You can’t get better than that.

Not exactly trad, but if like me you’re fed up with the whole bleedin hypocrisy of it all (except when it comes to younger children) in giving and receiving gifts when you know you don’t need a single thing or the recipient doesn’t, you might try giving or telling them you want worms or a piglet via CAFOD:
http://worldgifts.cafod.org.uk/

🙂

Horslips, now there is a band, memories of The Astoria in Bundoran circa 76. BTW, BB, saw Henry McCulloch on Fri and he played a new song that he co-wrote with Eamonn Carr, poss called “I met my love in the burial ground”, it was superb, hope it finds its way onto a future recording.

One player at our session has a really nice handmade one. If you’re at all handy with a needle, you can customize a whistle bag with nifty fabric, etc. Or commission someone to sew you one.

I’m asking for Bohola’s first album. 🙂

I don’t need any presents for Winter Solstice this year! I am going to Fiddle Frenzy 2008 in Lerwick, Shetland, and I am so excited! I am registered and confirmed and definitely going! YAAAAAAAY.

Give tickets to the Winter Music weekend!
Karan Casey, Nortyh Cregg, Dave Saunders +, Eoin O’Neill +, and lots of other top-notch non-trad sessions/gigs/concerts.
www.wmw.ie

For the Whistle bag, try
www.bigwhistle.co.uk.
I’m sure they were advertising one on the ’net.

Cheers Riverrunner, I’ll check it out … hey, your shoes are wet!!!

6 cd box-set of clare concertina

I want more CD but i dont know which one I want in particular.

Whistleholders ?
TuffBaggs, East Greenbush, NY, (518) 479-4052, or Google them for transatlantic orders, did a very nice and colourful waterproof material lined with fleece with 6 pockets. My SO was quite intrigued that I had to go transatlantic, back to her state, to get her what she wanted.
But she is She Who Must Be Obeyed…..

Thanks Guernsey Pete (and sbhikes), that should do the trick,
riverrunner, www.bigwhistle do an enormous whistle bag that could quite possibley handle a set of pipes and a few sandwiches too, but it seems that the yanks have it covered.
Now, will it fit down the chimney?????

mmm, problems with buying cds is how do you know who has what cd? certainly most people i’m buying for have a shed the size of croke park full of cds (or so it seems) so trad themed presents need to be thought about more carefully, fairplay for starting the link tho..