global music?

global music?

I am fussing and fighting my friend.

I have been on this site for many years, reading, writing, threading. Lately, mostly researching. What a fantastic resource we have created!

Better than O’Neils, Phillips or Peavy. (add your fave collector here)

If I need a tune, or a recoded source,, pingo,, there in the Session Tunes I can find all the versions and cross references I could ever need,, a Wikapedia of ITM

So, whats my gripe?

nothing, except some vague sense of globalization, some feeling that I am—through this internet— losing touch with my own vital (goofy stupid sometimes yawn) community.

Any comments?

Re: global music?

No

Playing is local, celebration is global - what could be better?

The Irish underwent enforced globalization years and years ago. No worries.

The creativity which sparked these virtual resources may begin to deem in your local environs.
In the meantime the Titanic is steaming away.
Unsinkable!

Posted by .

Sorry to be so morbid.
Christmas & all.
Sometimes TheSession seems to be nothing more than a free source of low brow entertainment. That is merely for the sake of members tuning in for a listen. Ironic ~ such fine performances from … well you know.
Some decent folks in this community. It is all such a modern medium that keeps going 24 hours.
Cheers & good luck wherever you are.

Posted by .

gosh.. i have no idea what i was on about when i wrote this discussion!! silly me,, thank tyou all for your answers and replies. i especially like the reply from mcknowall that says "no’ ..

really, i dont know for sure what i was thinking last night, but I think it was something about.*** what if.***. what if we all of a sudden had no electri—city,,, mmmmmm

how many people in your actual neighbourhood could/would talk to you about tunes, or listen to you play tunes?

i mean, although we here on the session feel there are gazillions of people very specifically interested in our subject, there are probably not very many people in your own village/town/physical neighbourhood that could undderstand what you love, and why one tune is differnt from another……..

ps hello there The Muse.. werent you and i talking together years ago?,, here i go now… i will look up your member and history and rememmber better, talk to you tomorrow..

I was not really here a number of years ago.
I believe I was on Vancouver Island in ‘04 for some fun musical stuff. My bio probably does not say anything. I figure I might not be the best source for auto - biographics. So what about the community? I loved when I was up in Canada ~ travel outside the internet, outside of my home, outside.
Electricity; well it’s Direct Current here not A.C.The great thing about the mustard board is it’s a relict species. Just like all it’s members. You don’t have to be a crotchety old geezer in Leitrim or Ballyfaraway ~ even the teenagers playing tenor banjo in Trinidad y Tobago get a rise out of the regulars.
Cheers!
Long live the dynamic duo ~ you know who you are.

Posted by .