First new tune of the year

First new tune of the year

On New Year’s Day, I thought it was time to learn a new tune, picked up my fiddle, and learned Maura Connolly’s by Sean McGuire - a crackin’ reel. What’s the first tune you’ve learned this year?

Posted by .

Re: First new tune of the year

Kalyana by Emer Mayock

Julia Delaney’s - been wanting to learn it for awhile, forgot about it for some time and then was reminded when I heard it at a session in my hometown.

ivory lady.

Posted by .

I’m starting to pick up again the set The Ewe With The Crumpled Horn/Moving In Decency, after having forgotten them for several years. Nice tunes. Should have them sorted by tomorrow’s session 🙂

Oh, please don’t hate me.

I have to admit the first "tune" I learned this year is
a little ditty by Bach. It was a GIGUE though, does that count?

Mary

Can i have a chance to sleep off my hangover please…… before you all make me feel guilty for not learning a tune yet this year….. uuuuugh! Not well…. not well at all.

Humours of Ennistymon. But I want to learn some more Bach.

"The Girl from Ipanema" I kid you not.

"Off to California" on B/C accordion.

‘The Humours of Spennymoor’ and ‘The Reesting Chair’, the tunes I am learning at the moment.

Gillian Welch’s version of Radiohead’s "Black Star". If you haven’t heard give it a listen on her Myspace page it will give you shivers..
as regards ITM i dont know WHICH tune it will be, but i set a resolution that i will pick a tune, and listen to it over and over until i am certain i can play it on my guitar perfectly, and only then will i pick up the guitar and try to play it. My ears are so far behind my fingers its not even funny…

Sleepy Maggie