DVD recommendation for beginning fiddler.

DVD recommendation for beginning fiddler.

Hello all,
my 10yo nephew is learning classic violin, but he really enjoy our music. I would like to give him a DVD or something that helps him to start learning Irish fiddle. I thought a DVD would be more attractive for a 10yo boy than a book. Also, he is Spanish, and although he can understand a little English it would be better if words are not the most important part of the DVD. Anyway, his parents are (non-trad) musicians and understand English, so they can help.
Can anyone recommend a good DVD?

Re: DVD recommendation for beginning fiddler.

Being a 10 year old and probably already a master at working a computer why not direct him to the following link where he can download video tutorials. There are other on-line resources as well out there in internet land, such as fiddle podcasts that might be of help.

http://theworkingparty.co.uk/

I can vouch for the Kevin Burke videos, they are great. They’re in English, of course, and some of the things he says are important, so your newphew’s parents may want to translate some of it for him. But as far as playing along slow and fast to learn tunes, it’s great.

Come West Along the Road..

not an "instructional" dvd, per se, but plenty to learn from here…

Tank you all. I think I’ll buy Kevin Burke’s DVDs. I’ve read some reviews, and it seems he is a good teacher.