ITM in Rochdale Lancs England - Anyone interested in a Session?

ITM in Rochdale Lancs England - Anyone interested in a Session?

3 players (bodrahn, pipes & piano Accordian) who have played together a little, wonder if there might be some more players in Rochdale area who might be interested in getting a session together say once a month to start. We have a venue just need one or two more melody players. We hope to start small so we can share tunes etc. Please give me a shout if you are interested. If we can get it going then we will post it in the sessions section on this site once its up and running.
Cheers Phil

Re: ITM in Rochdale Lancs England - Anyone interested in a Session?

Session - Whitefield Thursday night
Monday night Middleton - lots of songs there though.
Where do you fancy meeting up? Steve

Hello Phil,
Fiddle player from the Norden area here. I’d certainly be interested. Where’s the venue, and what night did you have in mind?
Andy.

G’Day Phil,

Desi Friel is the man to ask - father of Anna. You’ll get him at :- des@egenica.com
Desi is a superb guitarist and has played ITM most of his life as well as writing / composing / recording much of his own. He was born in Andersonstown in Belfast but moved to Rochedale after uni, where he taught French and Spanish. I can’t remember if their session, on a Monday night, is in Rochedale or Bury, however if you email him he’ ll be delighted to hear from you. I supposed my view of him is coloured and why not? Wouldn’t any brothers’?
regards,
Tony Friel,
Hervey Bay - Queensland.

Posted by .

Desi Friel plays - occasionally these days - busy man - at the session in Middleton - Monday nights.

Yep!
You’re spot on Steve - Middleton it is. Now why didn’t I remember that, having spent the weekend after Christmas with Julie and him. Anyway. The idea is to get Phil into a session so that he can get his own venue going. Maybe he can contact yourself or Desi for starters.
Regards,
Tony Friel - Hervey Bay.

Posted by .

Thanks for these! I know about the monday session in Middleton but where is the Whitefield session on a Thursday please steve? I played at one a few years ago in St bernadettes church club - great guiness if my memory serves me correct, but I thought that had folded. Whitefield’s not too far away.

Cheers Phil

Shot in the dark here but is that Tony Friel from Belfast, ex St Marys, Adamsons Office Equipment and the famous green van man?
Would be great to catch up if its you.
Regards,
Martin Diver